Spooled by a wahoo

• Did you land him? (Can not tell if you are pulling up the spear from below or surface). This is why I prefer a float line & buoy for blue water with a slip-tip

Edited once, last by Oscar ().

• Did you land him? This is why I prefer a float line & buoy for blue water :laughing:

No, I didn't of course.

I wasn't "bluewatering". I was checking a FAD bottom for cuberas and that big guy showed up. I told the kids to stay close to me just in case, but I don't know what the heck were they doing... :crazy:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco,

You sound like me yelling at my boat driver. The shot should have been better since it came so close :D

It still was a great video and felt like I was getting tugged around. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

• No, I didn't of course.

I wasn't "bluewatering". I was checking a FAD bottom for cuberas and that big guy showed up. I told the kids to stay close to me just in case, but I don't know what the heck were they doing... :crazy:

Being Kids :thumbsup2:

"Whiskey don't make liars, it just makes fools. So, I didn't mean to say it, but I meant what I said."
    -James McMurtry

• It was about 50 pounds, maybe less. I had to try to stop him as he spooled my reel and the mono broke just where it is attached to the shaft. It was weared at that point. I checked it the night before and thought "it's still okay for the moment". It was not.. :(

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• On the boat ride home you're thinking, "shit, all I had to do was clip off that old crimp…..but nooooooo….". :D That's a hard one Marco. I lost a nice king like that but it was a cable shooting line. The crimp slipped….before I knew how to braid.