Greetings from British Columbia

• Hello everybody! My name is Derek I am from the interior of BC. A little ways from the ocean but there is a lot of lakes! I have absolutely no spearfishing experience, but I have been getting into free diving, since I broke my arm kind of ending my mountain bike season. I may consider spearfishing in the future.

I enjoy exploring and going places where nobody has been before which is kind of why I am getting into diving. I do quite a bit of caving and figured why not go diving as well. :toast: I don't really have any special places I get yet, but I'm sure I will in the near future.

• Welcome. Please do not mix your love of spelunking with your curiosity for the water.

Cave diving is for the seriously advanced. And I still think they are crazy haha

Research your local regs for different freshwater fish and even from Lake to lake. Sometimes there are crazy rules

i like to spear fish

• Welcome. Please do not mix your love of spelunking with your curiosity for the water.

Cave diving is for the seriously advanced. And I still think they are crazy haha

Research your local regs for different freshwater fish and even from Lake to lake. Sometimes there are crazy rules

I don't think I'd be willing to attempt a cave dive unless I had scuba gear, and was an experienced scuba diver. But I am not. And I originally thought that no spear fishing was allowed in fresh water in British Columbia, but I guess we are allowed to spear fish non-game fish, and burbot. I have never seen anyone spear fishing here.

• Welcome, do your research as suggested already, and do that 1st.

Then give a Call to your local Game Warden, He can give you tips and location you might not know about.

Be better to already have a good relationship with him when he see you out diving. The Game warden would rather tell you what he likes and doesn't vs after the fact.

You would be surprised how well this works. He might just set you on some areas where he wants fish count reduced, from a game management perspective and holding capacity of an area.

I've had options you would not believe, just need to talk to them and tell them when you are going there.