Pelaj Nemesis muzzle

• Got a Pelaj Nemesis gun from someone who won it for a door prize. Shot a few fish with it, but would like to change to a open muzzle. Can anyone suggest an open muzzle for me? I am new to modifying guns. Normally I buy them the way the are and use them, but would really like an open muzzle on this one.

Thanks in advance

Keith

• Getting parts for pelaj guns will be difficult at best. To my knowledge their US distributer is no longer around (I might be mistaken though). You might be able to find something online if it is available.

There are a couple other options. One is to modify the muzzle with a dremel or other device. Another would be to measure the inner diameter of the barrel and see if you can find a muzzle from another manufacturer that you like.

• Thanks for the info,

The handle (trigger mech) broke yesterday. I got to shoot probably 3 fish with it since I got it. One of them was pretty nice though.

I didn't get on the Pelaj bashing bandwagon, actually defended them. Cant believe it failed with the wimpy bands that came on it. At least i didn't pay much for it, and I still have the shaft, bands, and tube. Maybe one day I will buy a good handle for it, as well as an open muzzle.

For know, I couldn't recommend them.

Keith

• I think the Pelaj tubes interior have a special geometry that doesn't accept any other muzzles /handles. Try to get it apart and take some pictures. I can strongly recommend Speardiver components if they fit.

As for the muzzle, I would try with file and dremmel before buying a new one. There are posts in the web about how to do it. And if I'm not wrong, even youtube videos.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco is right, Pelaj guns can´t be upgraded with accesories/parts other than Pelaj, cause the inner tube has "rails" that ensure a tight and "perfect" fit with the original parts. That been said, you can always file the dang rails away and put whatever muzzle you like. My best advice? Get rid of the God forsaken "nemesis" and get a R.A. instead. The other option is to stick with the original parts.

Good luck.

P.S. Just for the record, I used to shoot a 140 nemesis and i liked it a lot. Accurate and bomb proof, I ´m sure you can get a lemon every once in a while tho.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Thanks Marco, your advice (and recipes) are always welcome.

I took the gun apart, and found a broken spring that elevates the sear to the trigger. Found a spring and installed it I had to guess at the length, so sometimes i have to pull the trigger with the spear out befpre re loading. I will replace the spring with a little longer one, and it should be fixed.

Monster slayer, did you replace the wimpy bands with tighter ones?, if you did, i would be curious how the trigger performed.

By the way, i have several other guns including Rob Allens of the same length. Only got this one because i paid little for it new. Someone won it for a door prize at a local tournament, and was unable to load it. I gave him $100 for it and six of those yellow bands, and it was all still in the plastic.

It will be an extra on the boat.

• speardiver Handle, installed pelaj nemesis 120 (my Franki) :)

Cressi handle installed

The two handle, requires adaptation

Head also can be installed

time ago, I saw on amazon for $ 30 pelaj head.

luck :thumbsup2:

• Many thanks my friend,

You have shown me everything i need to know.

Thanks again!

Keith

• I had some spare time yesterday, so i took the Pelaj handle apart. Found a broken spring that elevates the trigger sear. (the part that contacts the spear notch). Went to the shop and found a stainless spring that is a little larger gauge (22 or so), cut it to fit, and replaced it. It works fine now.

Put a 6.5 Sandivik shaft in it, and changed to 1 tight 16mm band instead of the 2 loose yellow bands that came with it. Cant wait to try it again.

A broke spring is not a bad thing. I have a European double shotgun that broke and had to be fixed, so I shouldnt be complaining about a speargun that I paid far far less for, and is used in the harshest environment.

KC