Real Mexican food

• I just saw Anthony Bourdain's No reservations Mexico. The food looked incredible, great honest show. Why can't we have this kind of food here in the US? In Israel we have shawarma on street corners very similar to the Mexican style "al pastor". I've said before I don't like Mexican food but that's just because I only knew what's available here. I don't need to taste what I saw on the show, I can tell it's awesome so I take it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5KLl8-FFkk

• You are right, pastor tacos are the bomb, they come with a pineapple in the top of the Trompo. You get the hand made tortilla, the carne adobada and then a slice of pineapple, believe is so sinfully delicious ...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I saw the same show yesterday and was salivating as well. The best part about all that food is you know it will cost you less than a dollar and tastes really good.

Davie Peguero

• funny i was watching the same thing, i think they left the women out of the cantinas.

i was expecting to see prostitutes and tequila.

That guys show is pretty entertaining, he also is a good writer if he writes the scripts himself.

• That show is funny, though he always find the cheap and good places, he always act himself. He dont care what he says, well is his show. Mexican food is da bomb, The real shit not that Taco Bell wanna be crap.:D

• It is amazing how similar are the traditions and foods from one place to another.

The shawarma is great and very similar to the system that the greeks use to cook the lamb for their Gyros also.

Iván

• hell yeah, bourdain is a great writer and he has a nice book too.

I love sha'warma esp in a laffa (the big thick bread)
    of course I really love all the food in israel

that little clip has me starved...that pineapple on top sounds really good

i like to spear fish

• It`s delicious, those are antojitos though, not a formal dish, Mexican food is different from state to state (32 in total) ranging anywhere from tacos to chiles en Nogada, moles (in Oaxaca are more than 40 different kinds) tingas, pozole and a range of real elaborated dishes, that represent a sincretism between the indigenous and spanish culture as well. Some mexican food resembles to that of the thais, or Indian cuisine for instance. Some other is similar to some caribbean dishes, other is pretty unique. Mexicnas eat dishes made out from insects (escamoles, jumiles and gusanos de Maguey, which are delicous), to different kinds of meat and poultry.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I just came from Germany, been there for 3 years i can tell you that this type of shop is everywhere. Close like Gyros, they got a special wrap call turkish Pizza That is a small thin pizza rolled with like a pound and a half of meat in the middle, best place to pig out it looks like a Burrito in steroids:D.. And is the bomb and cheap. Turks are the ones usually that run this type of corner street. They call it kebabs. Is like the picture of the oversize taco. but they dont use the tortilla, they use bread more often. And some of us like the thin tortilla version. And i saw it all over europe. Italy, Spain, France etc. So is hard to say where this type of cooking is originated.

• go to google search and search the word kebab and it will give you a good history run on this type of meat. :D, I couldnt link the info for you all. Maybe Pargo got more luck. Slow conection today.:(