• A mate asked me to have a look at one of his Koahs (He has a number of them) This larger one had the same band stretch as a much shorter gun. He wanted to make use of the extended butt and relocate the mech much further back. He also wanted to make it a mid handle.

I stared by removing the hardware and sanding the gun back to bare timber. Then removed the existing enclosed track and planned the remodel.

Lamination of an additional section to house the pushrod, moved the handle forward and poured a new track.

A splash of colour at the rear with leaving the first 2/3rds timber as he prefered.

• Like others have said - wow, very impressive!

• Thanks guys.

Regarding surfboards I have yet to make one. But as for surf spots we have world class point breaks here but when some of them are going off my butt is on the shore watching board getting snapping in 18 foot waves.

• Cheers Marco.

The higher the handle position the more inline the forces and less rotation is experienced.
    Mid handles have a few more limitations than rear handles but one of my next mid-handle guns I am going to address this this (or at least attempt to but may come down in flames).