Hi eveyone

• Hi guys been looking around a few forums and this looks like it has a few interesting topix so thought I should join and make the most of it. Been around diving a while but like most people don't get enough time in the water. So I wouldn't say I'm a expert by any means.

I'm currently living in nicaragua so plenty of nice diving to be had but didn't have room to bring diving gear, and sort of assumed I would be able to buy it here. WRONG! :( But anyway you get that. Half thinking about building a gun. Hard thing is getting things like triggers here, since I don't really trust the postage.

But anyway is anyone here from down this way? If anyone has any info about suppliers here or Costa Rica geve me a yell.

Cheers
    Andy

• Welcome, good luck with your gear search. Any locals spearfishing where you are?

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Andy;
    You are 100% right on the mail service BUT check - I am pretty sure DHL, FedEx or even UPS operate in Nicaragua. Good luck. The spearfishing should be GREAT and you have very different reef structures to spearfish - coral on the Caribbean coast and rocky on the Pacific - should be fantastic diving. Hope to see some of your reports soon. :)

PS - Watch out for the Bull sharks in Lake Nicaragua

• Welcome to Speardiver.

Freedive Store has speargun components/trigger mechs and will ship to Nicaragua. Ask for the triggers to be disassembled. They will be labeled as metal parts and you'll have no problems getting them through customs.

Ever sent gear here before?
    Did it make it alright?
    I'm more worried about someone stealing it along the way, the customs problems.

• Welcome, good luck with your gear search. Any locals spearfishing where you are?

Thanks buddy
    Ahh yes I know of a few guys down here that dive, I met one chap who made a roller gun that performs well, he says.
    ( I know dan won't belive me) :D
    He made the trigger mech and all, so I need to chat more to him and his circle.

• Are you near the Corn Islands? I have a friend who used to live here in Belize and he said it was unreal there. Lots of fish.

Nar, right over the other side close to San juan del sur. seems to be good over here too, at least as far as palargics go.

• Hi. I live in Panamá City and travel to Nicaragua every once in a while. I was there two weeeks ago. If you want, I can bring stuff to you next time I go, but I don't have a date right now.

PM your contact info and I'll let you know next time I go there.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.