new to spearfishing

• Hey, I'm just getting into spearfishing. I recently bought a used speargun, it's in great shape but the rubber needs to be replaced. I was wondering what size and length I should get. The gun is a 90 cm Sea Elite Black tip. I will be spearing in Lake Michigan for carp and sheepshead mostly.

• i would go with 250% band stretch for 16mm or maybe 300% on a 14mm band, Dan would be better person to comment.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Welcome. Michigan…wow. I spent a lot of time as a kid up there on summer vacations. Crystal Lake. We could walk to Lake Michigan. Sleeping Bear sand dunes….But COLD water. Post pics if you get a chance.

• What would work best
    9/16 x 14
    9/16 x 16
    9/16 x 18
    9/16 x 20
    9/16 x 22
    9/16 x 24
    9/16 x 26
    9/16 x 28
    9/16 x 30

Thanks for the help

• Welcome to SPEARDIVER.

Get a hold of Dan.

Give him details, actual gun model and dimension info, how strong you are to cock the bands, what you going after and shot range. He will get you setup right the 1st time.

See Freedivestore link on top.

• And all 9/16 bands are not created equal. Dan's small hole 9/16 are more like 5/8 in power than your standard 9/16.

• Ross what is the distance from your back notch or tab/fin to the band slot/rubber screw in point, closest point? What's the shaft diameter as well if you know it.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• It's 36 inches to the back notch 32 inches to the front notch. I'm not sure why the shaft diameter is. In Michigan youncan only have 10 feet of line on your spear gun so all of my shots will be inside that range.