Illegal french fishing

• Tell your french friends to stop fishing illegally in our waters and constantly dropping their illegal FADS then! Hope you don't do the same things! The French have raped and over fished their waters and are now doing the same to our waters frome Guadeloupe and St Barths. Not your issue but I am venting, good luck hunting your french waters

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• No respect for States sovereignty anymore George. Pretty much the the issue around the world as the over fishing depletes the resources locally making the fishermen seek new fishing grounds to feed their families.

Sad and will continue to worsen as resources get depleted worldwide.

On an unrelated note - on long stretch of travel teaching and hotel rooms suck - but at least it's Shark Week. Stay out of da Shark House :laughing:

• Did I missed something or George had too much rum? :confused1:

I made his statement under Vigilli post about going spearfishing offshore in Martinique, they have screwed their fisheries and now poach ours with no regard to our sovereign waters, mostly because we have no means of patrolling our 200 mile economic zone....
    I guess someone decided it should not be there and moved it as a separate stand alone post... I did not create such a post myself, is there such a thing Marco as to much rum? :laughing:

George Steele

doing the same to our waters frome Guadeloupe

you,r right!
    Have reliable connections there...
    was told some pro fishermen from Guadeloupe have been using to directly buy the fresh fish in Antigua about 3 to 4 € per kg, then bringing it back and sell it about 8 € per kg.... as if it has been taken in the sea
    easy fishing easy business;)

• you,r right!
    Have reliable connections there...
    was told some pro fishermen from Guadeloupe have been using to directly buy the fresh fish in Antigua about 3 to 4 € per kg, then bringing it back and sell it about 8 € per kg.... as if it has been taken in the sea
    easy fishing easy business;)

Not only that, they heavily fish our waters illegally... Directly, drop illegal FADS and offer armed threats to local fishermen fishing the illegal FADS in OUR waters!! Bastards lucky this aint Grenada or a few AK 47's would have sorted those french rass holes out, quick quick ;)

George Steele

• Surprised to see it ain't the Taiwanese of Chinese fishing fleet.
    I mean, China is a rogue nation when it comes to these issues (TW behaves the same) and the world lost all its bargaining chips and has no leverage any longer when it comes to the Middle Kingdom.

But the French... This is disappointing. Far from respect, equality and brotherhood. It's like going back to colonial rape of resources.

Sorry man. Hope something can be done.

• Dude, where are u from?? I've seen Martinique boats fishing our deep bars 30 - 40 miles north of here, and been told they make it hard for the st Lucia fishermen sometimes

• Dude, where are u from?? I've seen Martinique boats fishing our deep bars 30 - 40 miles north of here, and been told they make it hard for the st Lucia fishermen sometimes

Grenada originally, Antigua by choice now [emoji6]
    Yeah those "people" need dealing with. Surprised your bajan coast guard hasn't made an example of them as yet.

George Steele

• Once they stay outside of 12 miles it's not an issue. Grenada... Man, reindeer shoals is near the top of the list of places I wish I could dive!

• Once they stay outside of 12 miles it's not an issue. Grenada... Man, reindeer shoals is near the top of the list of places I wish I could dive!

That can be a dangerous place to dive, lost a friend there already. Sharkey, big current, but potential for any kinda big fish. Only dove it a couple of times, awesome place.
    You do realize our Economic Zones extended 200 miles off shore? that is where they don't overlap neighboring islands.

George Steele

• Yea, but I find regionally that only the 12 mile or so territorial water limit is what people tend to care about... Well unless it is dealing with oil. Seen a venezualan longliner within sight of here also, coast guard didn't do anything about it

• True... Between overfishing and pollution and all the other issues... Sometimes I feel I would stop fishing just to help ease the pressure! But i just try to help educate now, knowing that in the perfect world we would protect our own resources. Someday.

• Our local issues are not those issues, our waters are perfectly sustainably fished... offshore that is. But all the poaching from the more developed places like France , Venezuela, Trinidad and Taiwan have started ****ing our waters.

George Steele