• hello all
    i am Logan Joyce and i'm from Australia Victoria i have never spearfished before but would really like to get in to it at the moment i'm just going to use my brothers gun a an undersea phantom rail gun 1000 i would like to know what you think of this gun because i know nothing about it im also wanting to get my own gun and have been looking at the spear diver phantom also would like to know what you think of this gun any way any tips and help are appreciated
    thanks heaps Logan
    (PS: i'm 13)
    :thumbsup2:

• Welcome, you can find good feed back on many guns here and lots of threads on the basics... just do a search and ask questions in the topics you have questions on.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• thanks guys
    also if any one is from Australia Vic on here it would be awesome if you could tell me where the best beaches are for spear fishing i have no clue
    chz logan
    :thumbsup2:

• Welcome Logan.

Be sure to look through the SAFETY section on SPEARDIVER.

Top thread will make my "point" through Pictures. #1 concern for a new spear-o, IMHO.

As for finding local divers, Go to the areas you think might be good spot and look for them. You be surprised how well that will work. Introduce yourself and be humble and you are on the right path.

Local dive shops and clubs, get in the local network.

• thanks again and ill be sure to take your advice Linghunt and ill probably sound like an idiot saying this but what does IMHO mean
    :confused1::thumbsup2: