Mako spearguns revolution.

• i agree marco, but i think the point is still valid, Mako is bringing quality in at the price it should be, which seems low to us, but what happens when one of Mako's competetiors lowers thier prices by sacrificing quality, I hope no one gets burned by a bum gun, but competition thins out the market because some just cant keep up,

i like to spear fish

• I don´t think its going to happen. Nowadays almost everything comes out from China (at least the railguns do). Rob Allen tried to lower their shaft cost buying them from another source and they started rusting badly. They had to change them all!
    Omer Fins and wetsuits are all crap. They have to change them without questions... At the end, it is a compromise between cost savings and minimum acceptable quality. There is no rocket science in railguns...

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco,
    that's exactly what I'm saying. As soon as prices have to go down, manufacturers will go find cheaper sources for materials and production.
    Omer has already gone with another suit manufacturer. What do you think of RA's suits?

• I got rid of the kanji allready.

What didn't you like about it? I dicked around with a 150cm in La Paz almost years ago, and liked it a lot, except for that the bands were a bit long... (couldn't cut them shorter, as it was a prize table gun)

• One thing that hasn't been touched on; when price wars begin, especially in the economic times we're in, the end product will eventually suffer.

I can't agree with you there. Maybe with another product line but not spearfishing. You know how cheap the components are; aluminum tube, molded plastic muzzle, molded plastic handle, all made in China. How much cheaper (meaning poor quality) can it get? That's why when it comes to spearguns I like a wood gun, better if it's made by me. This way I know exactly what went into it.

• I think you just agreed with me.
    Not all companies continue to manufacture in China for this reason. Perfect example is Omer. Another, Picasso. Two companies that have had to stop manufacturing in China(some of their stuff) and look for better suppliers/manufacturers elsewhere because they lost their market share. Did they initially go to China to have a larger profit margin, or did they do this because the market is even more competitive?
    One more thing, just because it's manufactured in China it doesn't automatically mean it's cheap or inexpensive. They too have expensive materials and manufacturing processes.
    How do you know how the parts are made, and by whom/where? This goes back to the discussion about the DiveR fins. They aren't made in China, are they?? How do we know?
    Just because a product is expensive or inexpensive it doesn't make it better or worse.
    How do we know that the $250 gun is or isn't better than the $500 one?
    Maybe that's what we should be concentrating on instead of this price thing.1) Materials used to make it. 2)Quality of finishes/manufacturing.3) Functionality, and of course 4) accuracy(does it do what it's intended for, kill fish). Then let the people decide if they want to spend the $$$$$$$$ on the better or worse gun.:D

90% will go for the best bang for the buck. There's always the bad ass gun that's one of the least expensive, and the crappy one that cost double what the others do.

• Marco,
    that's exactly what I'm saying. As soon as prices have to go down, manufacturers will go find cheaper sources for materials and production.
    Omer has already gone with another suit manufacturer. What do you think of RA's suits?

Well, my current wetsuit is a Omer green mimetic 2008 version (which I paid 100$ in Italy and knew what I was buying). It was a 3 mm and now is barely 1.5 mm. I feel cold here in Puerto Rico during "winter". At least the seams didn´t came appart...

I haven´t tried RA suits. My next one will be a Spetton. I will ost a review here when I get it.

Monster: 350 $? Lucky bastard!

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Have you noticed that Mako took their blue camo wetsuit from their lineup?
    Also they changed the blue pattern camo on their iconic.

Wonder why???

• Thats because they were waiting for another batch of wetsuits that were being made, that way you could only order what's available on their site. Unlike other business that usually sell something that they dont even have on stock,putting you on backorder(after they charged you for the items) and making you wait. Also on the spearguns the finish on the old camo pattern was chipping off so now they have a more durable finish(powdercoating). So instead of going cheaper in this hard times i believe they are improving their products. Also it's true that they have great customer service.

• I hope that kind of service would last. So far it looks like a great choice. The only thing i can´t understand is why all spearfishing companies charge so much for tube floatlines, the mark up is insane...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver