" Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Colorado Water Conservation Board are offering $20 for each northern pike caught on the reservoir beginning May 26, KDVR reports.
CPW biologists fear the predatory fish reaching the Colorado River and harming the trout population as well as feeding on the state’s endangered native fish – The Colorado pikeminnow, humpback chub, razorback sucker and bonytail. "
Check with local game officials on method of take. I assume out of state hunters are welcome.
There are lots of Utube videos on shooting them, take a look to see if it's something you would like to do.
Reward could help pay for the trip.
Cut and Paste from Regs, #103 page 4, Link is below
4. Underwater spearfishing, archery, and gigs
a. Underwater spearfishing, archery, and gigs may be used statewide for the taking of carp and northern pike, except as otherwise prohibited by these regulations or land management agencies. East of the Continental Divide, gizzard shad, and white or long-nose suckers may also be taken, unless 4 otherwise prohibited in regulation #108. Other game fish species may only be taken when authorized in regulation #108 for a specific water.
b. The following additional restrictions apply to underwater spearfishing:
1. CO2 guns or cartridge- powered spears are prohibited.
2. Guns must be loaded and unloaded while the gun is submerged.
3. Divers must stay within a radius of 100 feet of a float bearing the National Divers’ Symbol.
4. Spears must be attached by a safety line.