Some pics from Curaçao

• Nice pics Gerald It reminds me of a diving trip i did to Bonaire. Same waters i know, just spectacular clear warm waters, Awesome.

Now a quick question just for my curiosity?. Have you used carbonfiber fins before this trip?. Was it scuba or freediving?

• Now a quick question just for my curiosity?. Have you used carbonfiber fins before this trip?. Was it scuba or freediving?

It was just freediving 5-90ft. I grew up diving those waters, and had hoped to visit a few spots from the past on the north shore to take some shark pics. Unfortunately it was way to rough to dive there, or take the boat to Klein Curaçao...

I had used a slightly stiffer blade before in the pool, and this time around used the softest blade Dan had. It worked very well for my style of diving

• Gerald, great pics. You've got some skills. Also, I saw allot of dead coral(finger) is it a problem there also, or just normal in those areas?

• Gerald, great pics. You've got some skills. Also, I saw allot of dead coral(finger) is it a problem there also, or just normal in those areas?

Thanks,

Coral life is relatively healthy compared to other areas of the caribbean I've been. The dead stuff you see is in the shallows close to shore that gets pounded by storms frequently. Below 30-40ft you rarely see dead coral with the exception of dead purple sea fans that I started noticing last year were getting sick. This year I didn't see a single on that was alive... Sure is nice to see a vibrant reef though after diving the relatively barren Florida reefs...

• Yes. It wasn't always like that. I remember as a kid there were many reefs right off the beach(South Beach) we use to fish and dive on. This was before they buried everything to make the beach as big as it is now. That whole project was a major contributor to the destruction of all our reefs.

• Beautiful pics. Some that struck me in particular:

Which flamingo species is native to Curacao?

Tarpon and permit hanging out.. Who knew!?

Baby cubera? I don't think I've ever seen one.

There has to be a story about the dolphin?

• Davie, good eye, I never noticed that. Its green indeed, and at the base of a rubble pile. bordering the shore line. You'd be surprised by the weird shit I found in the water there. Shopping baskets, chancletas, watches & cell phones, a windsurf skeg and while looking for lobster I found a kitchen knife.