GLAD TO BE HERE

• HI GUYS,MY NAME DAVE BUT I GO BY PAPAA.Im old but I love to shoot fish,its one of the top two things I love to do.Im from central coast of ca. and have friends and a brother on the big Island of hawaii.I glad to be on your freediving spearfishing forum. PAPAA

• Hello papaa and welcome to the forum. Your user name of course reminds me of Ernest "papa" Hemingway. I always wondered why he was nicknamed papa in Cuba and thought it was probably due to his appearance, white beard and all. Then I found out that he was called papa for quite a different reason. Hemingway was somewhat of a ladies man, hard not to be in Cuba :) and had a good command of the Spanish language. When talking to the lovely young ladies Hemingway would address them as "hijita", diminutive for daughter. So the Cubans called him papa in jest.

If you ever want to post a report send me a pm first and I'll resurrect the California section. We'd love to have pics and stories from your neck of the woods.

• papaa---welcome to the BEST spearfishing forum there is.:D
    I hope you enjoy your stay here as much as I do:thumbsup2:
    If you ever come to Miami we can hook you up in extreme freediving for grunts in 15foot of 92F water:D
    Us old spearos got to stick together:D
    WELCOME

• Hello papaa and welcome to the forum. Your user name of course reminds me of Ernest "papa" Hemingway. I always wondered why he was nicknamed papa in Cuba and thought it was probably due to his appearance, white beard and all. Then I found out that he was called papa for quite a different reason. Hemingway was somewhat of a ladies man, hard not to be in Cuba :) and had a good command of the Spanish language. When talking to the lovely young ladies Hemingway would address them as "hijita", diminutive for daughter. So the Cubans called him papa in jest.

If you ever want to post a report send me a pm first and I'll resurrect the California section. We'd love to have pics and stories from your neck of the woods.

Hemingway, my kind of guy.

For whom the girls toll lol.:D

Wellcome Papaa.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• HI GUYS,MY NAME DAVE BUT I GO BY PAPAA.Im old but I love to shoot fish,its one of the top two things I love to do.Im from central coast of ca. and have friends and a brother on the big Island of hawaii.I glad to be on your freediving spearfishing forum. PAPAA

Papaa (Sir),

I live in SLO and joined the forum for the same reasons you site. Maybe we could connect off line and perpetuate our sport.

XP100