Spearfishing Club Name

• Florida submariners has an old flavor to it which is neat. But I think that freediving has to figure in the name. WPB freedivers is obvious, so is SF freedivers and extreme freedivers. Broward Longfins do it with the reference to long fins which scuba divers generally don't use. So yeah, something that says freediving and something that gives the location, if you want.. Think ahead about what kind of membership you're looking for in terms of numbers and where you think the people will come from. If you think it will grow then you definitely don't want a humorous name.

• I don't oppose the idea of creating a club of our own but there are several different clubs in the area that we could join/improve. I tried the Longfins for a while and I didn't like the philosophy behind the way they operate. I know several different individuals from the extreme divers club, some are even members of this forum. I dove with "Speedy" one of the founders of the club (correct me if I am wrong) along with other club members and I don't have a single complaint. They have a very upfront and rational boat policy. They are not out to screw other spearos, they are willing to share what they know (spots included), and their main focus is not to accumulate points for nationals which makes the diving a whole lot more enjoyable. Now if you still want to go on with the Club here are the names I can come up with?

East Coast Spearos/Speardivers
    Breathold Divers
    Blue World Hunters

I don't know what else we could call it. I guess I am not very creative but I'll keep thinking.

• I like speardivers a lot. I started out with the forum being at floridaspearfishing.world and then speardiverusa.com, speardivers sound even better. Now just add a location to it and something to specify we're not doing it on scuba.

I don't like the idea of diffusing the focus of spearfishers in our area by increasing the number of different clubs. But I agree that the Longfins don't have a format that I fit in. Simply put I find their meetings boring because you can't relax and shoot the shit, the meetings are too rigid, they dedicate this time to talk about club business. On the other hand until I manage to run it differently I shouldn't criticize. Who will take it upon themselves to promise that every meeting will be hosted at their house? I don't think anyone wants this kind of responsibility.

The more I think about it the more it seems that the forum is the perfect format for networking. There's no pressure to provide conditions for meetings. New people that want to get in have to be patient and prove themselves over a bit of time by contributing and demonstrating some stick-to-itivness. Eventually being invited by someone and gaining some cred to be accepted by the rest. In the end few people will really click together to go diving regularly. The truth is that once you have your preferred diving partners you don't want to change unless you're going to a different area.

• good point dan, i agree fully. i
    i like the idea of a club but i dont see what it would change to be honest. I like that we all got together the other day. and we alll meaning simply who felt like or could show. What is a club but a name? in a club does that mean the same three guys get to be the boat bitch for ppl who they wouldnt neccesarily choose to spear with in the first place. I think anyone on this forum has folks they like diving with in particular. Getting together is nice in the sense that u meet people personally, and get a idea as to rather or not thats someone ur on the same page with, both socially and forr spearing. in my mind a club is a cool idea becasue u have set get together dates so ppl can work around their own work schedules, and it gives a little further sense of bein g part of something. on the other hand i think it might take away from an already good thing.:blahblah: so after all this babbling all i want to say is i think regrdless of a club or not we should keep getting together peiodically and eating fishh and drinking cervazas and talkin bout the ocean. and if their is a club i just want a damn t shirt ..

oh and "sofla speardivers".. and im stickin to it

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Thank you for all the input here are a couple of names that might work

Fort Lauderdale Submariners Spearfishing Club

Fort Lauderdale Tridents Spearfishing Club

South Florida Speardivers

Fort Lauderdale Speardivers

I also have a logo that Im working on and ones we pick a name I will summit it for approval, Im having trouble posting the logo, because is in adobe and it will not let me posted..... yes we will make t-shirts....

• Can you use the "snap shot" tool in Adobe to copy & paste the logo into MS Paint, or some other similar program which can save in a jpg format? That's how I get my CAD drawings to show here.

• I personally don't mind the association w laudy, but it might discourage some from joining if they, like me, live in Dade.

just a thought. I do most of my diving in broward so I don't mind representing for the 954

i like to spear fish

• 1shot2kill there is already a club in this area that is call SFF, we are working to come up with something original.....Im working with a couple of friends to come up with a cool logo for our team t-shirts,is been difficult for the simple reason that a lot of the good ideas are taken.I'll continue to work on it and I will post it to see if you guys like it.

• I like Larry's pic more because it is bigger and has more detail :) that girl is a monster...I would like to be her monster slayer ;)

SFS- South Florida Spearos-
    FLF- Ft lauderdale Freedivers

i like to spear fish