Inguinal hernia repair and speargun loading

• I did the search function first and found nothing, soooo.
    I had emergency inguinal hernia repair this week and hope that SOMEONE ELSE WITH THE SAME SURGERY could help. My doctor and the surgeon do not spearfish so they cannot give me experienced spearing advice. I am mainly concerned about loading my RA120 post op.
    1. How many days should I wait before trying to load even long bands.
    2. What band length should I start out with? [I tie my own bands and shot 25in bands before surgery]
    3. Is there any other suggestions on how best to get back into gun loading after surgery?
    Thank you in advance to anyone that can help :toast:
    ___

• Hau wish you a speedy recovery...and please don't try to over do it. I recommend to give it time to recover. Hate to see you get hurt again....take care bro. spearfishing is going to be there for you always.:)

• To all my well wishers---thank you very much. Many of you know that work and spearfishing is my only family. :toast:
    I am back home now an starting to pace back an forth like a wild dog in a cage.
    I stopped taking my pain pills yesterday and feel much stronger today.
    Surgeon says 2 weeks off work then light duty but I'm" not the sharpest tool in the shed" so we'll see.
    I will attempt to follow all the sound/correct/reasonable advice, but historically I tend to do as sdeisen stated.
    Thanks to all again

• Dan--you are correct about my surgeons repair method. He said that he was going to use the same repair method that they use on NFL players who return to the game in just 2 weeks :thumbsup2:
    Today is day 1 with NO meds at all, not even tylenol :)

You guys think this would help me load my bands easier with less strain?
    It is a RA Load Assist system. Looks nice and simple.[$13.]
    Thanks in advance
    https://www.flfreedivers.com/s…PICTURE-2-LOAD-ASSIST.JPG

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• Dan--good idea :thumbsup2:
    I have been using only 1 16mm band cut to 25in on my 120 an it has been workin for the little fish I shoot.
    I have 2 band Tin Man muzzles, so what I may do is start out with 2 LONG 16mm bands that I can easily reach with the gun butt on my chest. I would rather start out very easy with bands that are too long. I can always shorten them as I get stronger and the repair has had more time to heal over.
    Thanks for the idea :toast: