• Weeeell, I am bored. Too damn windy to go out, one of my favorite things besides hurting local fish, is too actually eat them.

I am throwing a barbq, a bit later. Do you have a personal recipe to share? No matter if it´s fish, meat or sausage, even burgers would be great!1 :D

Thanks in advance

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I love to grill whole pieces of meat. Lets say a tenderloin. I buy the whole piece, rub it with coarse salt and grill it. Then, when is seared, I cut it in steaks and finish to cook the way every one likes it (medium, well, etc.).
    It is also great with "arrachera" or the bottom part. In my country we calle it "Punta trasera" in Colombia is called Punta de anca.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• I love to grill whole pieces of meat. Lets say a tenderloin. I buy the whole piece, rub it with coarse salt and grill it. Then, when is seared, I cut it in steaks and finish to cook the way every one likes it (medium, well, etc.).
    It is also great with "arrachera" or the bottom part. In my country we calle it "Punta trasera" in Colombia is called Punta de anca.

Wow Marco, una cañita. I love to grill stuff. Arrachera is great. I like Argentinian meat cuts, cause those are intended for slow grilling, and are thick and juicy.

Vacío, empuje, bife de chorizo, matambre, asado de tira. You have to find a good butcher thou.

Thanks

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• Me gusta este Menu...

...a mi me gusta el chivo con vino
    y el pescado con jugo de limon
    con pimienta y oregano al lechon
    y el arroz con jamon y tocino
    para poner el sabor a un buen lechon

y una pichuelita bien guizaa
    y un agua caton como un melon
    y unos fideitos y unos fruti fritos pa picar

y despues que le pongan salsa
    que le pongan salsa que le pongan salsa
    pa mojar pa mojar que le pongan salsa

:thumbsup2:

• i love to cook over fire as well..some of my favorite methods involves blanching a large banana leaf in boiling water and then using it to wrap up a fish that is stuffed whole with lovely things like garlic and lemon...as the leaf dries the fish first steams itself in the leaf, then the leaf burns away and the fish is just a little grilled.

I also love to cook steak on the grill, rub w salt an olive oil and just as marco said, let the outside forma a nice crust and them cut and finish to each diner's taste...which should all be rare or medium rare:)

i like to spear fish

• i love to cook over fire as well..some of my favorite methods involves blanching a large banana leaf in boiling water and then using it to wrap up a fish that is stuffed whole with lovely things like garlic and lemon...as the leaf dries the fish first steams itself in the leaf, then the leaf burns away and the fish is just a little grilled.

I also love to cook steak on the grill, rub w salt an olive oil and just as marco said, let the outside forma a nice crust and them cut and finish to each diner's taste...which should all be rare or medium rare:)

I felt like I was waiting there to eat mmm,ha.:thumbsup2:

• Oye Marco, esos cortes de los que hablas, se consiguen en P.R ? Bajo que nombres si sabes algunos?
    I love to cook on the grill and would like try something different.

• Oye Marco, esos cortes de los que hablas, se consiguen en P.R ? Bajo que nombres si sabes algunos?
    I love to cook on the grill and would like try something different.

Here in PR I buy "Filete de res en posta" when they have it in special at the supermarkets. It sells normally for 9$/pound, but you find it for 3.00 US$/Pound when in special. It comes vacuum packed, you can buy 3 or 4 of them and keep them in the freezer. Season it just with salt right before cooking. You'll be amazed how good it is. Lomillo is also good, but filete is the best.

In Venezuela we eat it with yuca and "guasacaca", which is a local type of salad prepared like a blend of guacamole and pico de gallo.

Of course, the meat MUST be medium rare. :thumbsup2:

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Here in PR I buy "Filete de res en posta" when they have it in special at the supermarkets. It sells normally for 9$/pound, but you find it for 3.00 US$/Pound when in special. It comes vacuum packed, you can buy 3 or 4 of them and keep them in the freezer. Season it just with salt right before cooking. You'll be amazed how good it is. Lomillo is also good, but filete is the best.

In Venezuela we eat it with yuca and "guasacaca", which is a local type of salad prepared like a blend of guacamole and pico de gallo.

Of course, the meat MUST be medium rare. :thumbsup2:

c'mon Marco, rare is okay sometimes too :)

i like to spear fish