What I've been up to - The FRA raffle gun

• It still needs a proper shaft and shooting line, but I just couldn't wait any longer to post some pics.

This is the gun that Bubbafishing won in the raffle that Griswold and I sponsored a while back to raise money for the FRA. My personal thanks to Barry, and everyone else who contributed either to the auction or to the raffle.

Special thanks to CFHunter for the Mahi inlay, and Wood Guy for the teak stock.

61" overall
    Shooting a 65" ish 5/16" shaft
    Neptonics Tuna Mech
    9-1/2 lbs loaded

The small screw on the top is for the spring resetting line release.

Dressed up with an amazing Mahi inlay supplied by CFHunter:

The rear half of the track is enclosed, using black G10 composite. The forward half is an open track that is molded into the top of the Carbon Fiber tube. The tube is 1-7/16" OD, but with the recessed track, the shaft sits no higher than a 1-1/4" tube. And it is filled with syntactic foam to add a little mass and guarantee that it will never flood.

Gotta have the latest in AR-15 handle grips:

And a custom Delrin muzzle:

I know where all the little "Oh Sh!ts" are, and Bubba builds beautiful guns so he will no doubt see them too. But I'm not telling.

• hey man,
    sure i am anything else then a "gearwhore", and i dont give much about how my gears looking, as long that they do the work. but your guns, and this one in particular are something else.
    respect.

• Thanks guys. There are always a few mistakes, but nothing that really jumps out at you.

Dan - These were not your band material. I save that for me! Three bands is a lot of power, but with a loaded weight of 9.5 lbs, and a high mounted handle, the recoil isn't bad. I haven't shot this particular gun, but it is very similar to the first hybrid I made, so I would expect similar behavior.

• It's a sliding trigger design, the remote trigger is attached to the pushrod. It's not a pivot remote trigger.