Meade st. / dania pier unsafe

• Spearos--
    I wanted to start this thread as a general warning to spearos that are not aware of the dangers of using Meade St. and Dania Pier locations. Many, many vehicle brake-ins, property thefts and vandalisms happen at these two locations. The purpose of this thread is to notify and update spearos of the potential dangers of using these spearing locations. I ask any spearo who hears of or has knowledge of any occuring law viloations to please post here on this thread so that these occurances can be updated as they happen as a warning to others. This thread will be used in conjunction with the thread "Broward Beach Conditions". Law violations could be noted on "Broward Beach Conditions" thread and refered to this thread to keep a running record of these law violations and discussion of these violations.
    If anyone doubts the frequency of these break-ins, please note the amount of broken auto glass in the parking lots of Meade St. and Dania Pier. Also be advised that the police have not recovered ANY of the items stolen from vehicles at either of these locations.
    Thank you to those that contribute to this thread to educate other spearos.
    Hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• spearos--here is a copy of what happened yesterday to Putmeincoach and his dive buddy at Meade St.

"Meade St. today, in the water at 9am out at 2pm. Today was the day that I always knew would eventualy catch up with me, when I walked to my car after getting out, the window was broken. The door was still locked, and when I opened it, the glass fell everywhere...obviously the door hadn't been opened yet, leading me to think that the intention was to breakt he window not to steal, which is pretty pathetic. My dive buddy who had parked right next to me also had a broken passenger side window. He even has a sign in the window that says no valuables left in the car. It's just ridiculous."

The above is example of what happens almost every day at Meade St. and Dania Pier. Sad thing is that Putmeincoach's buddy had already had his truck broken into at Dania Pier.:angry5:

• Dan--No, the vandalism does not seem directed towards spearos because many, many non spearos vehicles are broken into. But this is just my opinion based on all the vehicles I have seen that were vandalized over the years.

sdeisen--If you remember, Dino's truck was the bait that netted the last pair of asswipes. Caught with a rock in her hand hitting Dino's window. Scott begged the LEO's to release the perps to "the public" for just 10 minutes :angry5: :angry1: :religion:

Alan--LOL
    I haven't noticed any animosity between freedivers and scuba divers at Meade St OR Dania Pier.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• I agree with Kyle c so much. Actually we did that a few times and it works! We set up a car as bait and have some other guys watch the car from some other spot. It's usually the same guys doin it so when you go medieval on them the usually stop doing it. But if you are the non-confrontational type call the LEO's but they might not get there on time. If the cops get there while doing your ''deed'' tell them you are performing a civilian arrest.

• Kyle you must have never seen the bushes there or the powerlines that go through them. Easily 50,000 banana spiders. It gives me chills thinking about it:@

i like to spear fish

• Kyle you must have never seen the bushes there or the powerlines that go through them. Easily 50,000 banana spiders. It gives me chills thinking about it:@

Ya Mon---too bad it is not like the old days. Just pick up the horn an call in an air strike of either agent orange or napalm to "clear the vegetation". :D