Mares razor foot pockets review

• I've only heard good things about the Mares footpocket

Will be curious about reports of how they fare with the Speardiver fins

• My friend memo loves the mares footpockets. I dunno. I think the pathos is perfect footpocket for me :)

• I installed Speardiver carbon blades in the Mares Razor foot pockets. The Mares f/p have very soft tendons, they offer the blade almost no support. This means that to get a moderate stiffness fin you have to combine them with stiffer blade that has most of the action at the tip so I did. It turned out well. The Razor pockets are comfortable and the only question is durability and how the lack of support by the tendons will affect the blade in the long run.

• Dan, I finally got to try on a Mares Razor footpocket today and I think they fit my feet just as nicely as my Stingrays. You're right, the Razor tendons are very soft. So, I'm ready to order the C90 medium-hard blades, but first want to call you to discuss. It's nearly midnight EDT now, and even though I see you're currently logged on to this forum, I think it's too late to call now. I'll try calling you Monday around 6:30pm EDT.

• I found the Leader carbon blades to be a lot softer than other carbon blades I have owner & used. If you are after a medium blade you may have to consider a Hard Leader.

2 years of constant abuse and they the foot pockets are dead but the blades are still good. I have used the on multiple rock hops (carbon usually hated rocks) without issue.

Great from a boat but lack the drive a fat boy like me needs.