New member from Germany

• Hello everybody !!

My name is Jan im 18 yrs old from Germany. I am spearfishing now for 3 years and a few months ago i started to guild my own custom wood spearguns.
    I also already started a new thread in SPEARGUNS so check it out ;)

I hope to get a lot of advices and share my spearfishing experiences with you guys :thumbsup2:

• :D Good question

There are some bigger lakes but i dont like fresh water fish so much thats why i spearfish in france;)
    But I dont know anybody who is spearfishing here^^ there is a shop though www.spearfishing.de
    thats where i get all my stuff.

Greetings

• Typical German. Communicating in English far better than most Americans.:thumbsup2:

I have a lot of family in Germany, but nobody who spears. To them it seems such a foreign idea in my experience. I will read your post and look forward to your fish stories. If you are ever in Southern California, please drop me a message and we'll make a dive.

Welcome to the board.:toast:

• :D Good question

There are some bigger lakes but i dont like fresh water fish so much thats why i spearfish in france;)
    But I dont know anybody who is spearfishing here^^ there is a shop though www.spearfishing.de
    thats where i get all my stuff.

Greetings

I did a little fishing on the Sihlsee in Einsiedeln, Switzerland. The water looked clear and there some very large Hecht (pike or muskie) and nice barsch (yellow perch). Also a little fishing on the Aasee aus Ibbenburen, Germany. Beautiful places to visit in the summer.

• I also was under the impresion that Germans hated the idea of spearfishing.

One deep diving Berliner...
    He lives in the US, but Jorg Meyer a third generation glass blower: is one of the best spero's ever. Jay Riffe copied his hand made Austrian speargun, the rest is history. Jorg worked and dove with the legendary Aussie underwater film maker Ben and Eva Croft. Jorg has speared more fish in Baja then I will ever see in a life time.

Cheers, Don

• Im from Rheinland Pfalz where the good wines come from;)
    And its a 20 minute drive to france. Town is Offenbach an der Queich.
    But we go every year in summer for 3-4 weeks to the cote dazur to camp and its awesome
    especially because we can always eat 100% fresh fish straight out of the ocean .

Edited once, last by Jeanarr ().