Favorite seasoning?

• I'm a brute when it comes to good seasoning. Most of the time for me it's Badia complete seasoning. Sometimes some dried hot pepper seeds and I also marinated fish in Italian dressing. Salt is important too. I'm sure that some of you are geniuses in the kitchen so give me some simple seasoning or marinates that you like to use. I've never found anything yet that feels like home on my palate. Except for a good grilled cut of beef with some fat attached seasoned with only salt.

• Besides extracting the lycopene :D roasting it to enhance the fllavor. I have a lot of Salsas recipes, ranging from the easy ones like this to the more elaborated. Try this one. Is hot though, so be careful

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• try some mojo picon omojo verde very easy.there is also lot of other things you can try that are very easy.i love vietnamise fish souce and oster souce specialy with seafood also miso with some mirin and carlic or some indian curry pastas like tandori that you can get from the sopermarket i hope.for a nice cut of beef just like you seasult and peper i prefer chuck eye rol is cut from the neck or some entana.hope ive been of some help

• To me a dish that realy feels like home is fried fish until the fish is crispy brown outside. Just scale, score 3 transverse cuts, rub salt on it and fry, place fish in a plate with no napkins. Serve with rice and a side of lemon juice for dipping. Also mop up the excess fish flavored oil left in the plate with cuban bread.

Davie Peguero

• One side at a time so you use less oil, of course make sure the oil is at or above half way on the fish. If you do it alot is better to do it in a fryer and reuse the oil.

Once you get to mutton sized fish they get tough but once you get the hang of it I think most fish are possible, within reason. I have my stove frying down to an art. The thicker the fish the lower heat you need to fry at. If the fish is bigger than the pot cut it into 3 pieces or so. Muttons, I heat up the oil and put it in, then lower the heat to medium or a bit below, I find you can fry it for a long time without burning it, when you think its ready turn up the heat to brown it a bit.

Davie Peguero

• big fish like muttons, i cut into chunks using kitchen shears to cut through the back bone, and then

fry it in pieces. i remember pantoja telling me once you can slightly dust the fish skin in a little" flour" and

your favorite seasoning and it makes the skin crunchier.

• For good cuts of meat, salt is usually all you need. I have some Nicaraguan friends to rub mustard over the entire piece of steak.

For fish, I usually just use Adobo or Sazon completa. Or as above, sal.

• For good cuts of meat, salt is usually all you need. I have some Nicaraguan friends to rub mustard over the entire piece of steak.

I have a duck/goose recipe that calls for dumping an entire jar of mustard into a mixing bowl and then begin adding ground red pepper until it turns bright orange . Once done,drag your breast filets thru it ,wipe off excess then place them into a gallon baggy that has your favorite corn based fish fry mix in it. Once coated, deep fry.

Good shit ...

Dan, chipolte is one of my favs as well as any jalepeno based seasoning.

Used to carry a shaker of Cajun seasoning in my ruck sack when I was on active duty. Worked magic on MRE's.

• dan...first off, great thread

I would recommend you try some frech thyme and rosemary...these are amazing herbs that I cook with so much I now grow them to save money...i mix finely chopped in w ground beef for burgers or fish cakes, I stuff whole sprigs of roemary into the fish cavity when I grill or broil whole fish.

I am a big fan of crushed red pepper and curry (jamaican) with a little coconut flesh...awesome for chicken

I also recommend trying a little bit of high quality balsamic vinegar on your steak next time..it is awesome and if you like the flavor, look up bistec balsamico..it is an italian preparation where the meat is soaked in expensive balsamic that will change your life :)

one other move that I am very partial too is to marinat esteaks in a little red wine and some soy sauce and lots of coarse salt and ground black pepper

man i love to talk about food

i like to spear fish