Any recent fishing report?!?!?

• I didn't shoot, but my buddy paul shot a nice 20lb+ king that was eaten in around two bites....the king looks tiny but the camera is a little weird. If you have ever seen big bulls they have a huge hump in their back like the ones in the vid, so they were NOT small ;)

• greekdiver---WOW, very nice brother!! Thanks for sharing :toast2:
    Story to follow please?

Went down to the keys for some clear water diving. I shot this 30lber in the gill plate at 70ft and he ran like the dickens! I could see the divers on the surface looking down as the fish came by them mach speeds :D

I saw a bunch of 30-45lb blacks (8 Blacks) on one of my spots but very deep. Its too bad grouper season was closed.

• Left at 7am from Homestead marina...it was 4 of us. We hit our 1st spot in about 15-20ft and i spotted a nice black grouper 24+ inches.....i stalked it and shot it once he stopped under a rock! the fish went ballistic and my adrenaline rush got the best of me as i raced to the fish and battled the fish under the rock and as i was bringing it out.... i pulled the shaft right out of him!!!!!!!!!!!:nono: YOU CAN NEVER TAKE A FISH FOR GRANTED ONCE SPEARED!!!! any ways i tried looking for it after it went free...but it was no where to be found! My buddy Alain shot a nice Mutton from a descent distance, and my good friend Carlos who tried spear fhishng for the very 1st time shot a 20 inch Hog.....he loved the sport after this hunt. We later moved more East to about 35-40ft and there Alain lost a 30in+ black which he shot as the black was swimming towards the rocks! once the fish was shot....it ripped it self away from the shaft even though Alain had let go of the gun and held to the float line...his shaft got bent by that big black :laughing3: all the groupers we spotted in about 30-40ft would hide under the cave tunnels making it difficult to get....after checking another spot in 20-40ft Carlos shot two more hog, and so did i....and we then headed back to the patches where i was stalking what it looked like an 18inch hog when suddenly this Hogzilla appears out of no where and begins to swim next to my exprey....i had another target in mind now and as i was about to shoot the zilla....he goes inside a rock that was maybe about 8ft wide and looked pretty small for such a big fish...i began to look for the fish through all the little holes of the rock and i spotted him in different holes but he would move since he spotted me too untill i spotted his big red eye in a hole that was maybe 10inches X 12inches and i then came back up the surface and i tell Carlos to give me my Mares Cyrano 970 cuz my Riffe Euro 100 was too long for this shot...i go back down to the rock and the fish is still there...i aim to his big red eye and :overkill: BOOM i shoot it right behind the eye....the fish is going ballistic under the rock i push the shaft into him to make sure the fish is secured and i dont loose it like the big grouper i had lost earlier, I come back for air. i tell Alain to come down and help me get it out while i catch my breath and try to relax before going down again. Alain goes down and pulls the shaft up and there is the big face of Hogzilla in this little hole. Alain says to me...is BIG! i go back down with my knife and stab him in the head to kill it since he was resisting to come out...Alain goes back down and the fish is still stuck in the hole since he is still resisting....i go back down and i manage to get a bit of his head out and i stab him good right in his brain....and i am able to pull him out the rock throught a hole smaller than the fish!:toast: It was a good day and Carlos who speared for the very 1st time has now also fallen in love with the sport.

I still havent gotten over the grouper i lost for such a stupid move from my part! :slap:

1 mutton
    1 small cuda
    5 hogs all over 14 inches.

:thumbsup2:

Alain

• nice! good to see some decent sized hogs, all ive seen are just legal or too small, I think they should raise the min. length to atleast 14-16"

• Good looking fish! Congratulations :thumbsup2:
    I also lost a big black grouper last week even though I released all the tension on my reel and a week later iit still hurts so I feel your pain.