• i dont think it means anything from a strategic or security perspective but for morale and a sense of rightness in the world, it sure feels great

i like to spear fish

• I am glad that justice has been done especially considering I have lost several friends over there looking for his ass however it was suggested to me by a friend that the celebration of another persons death only places us on a similar level as he. Not sure I agree with that but it is something for thought; philosophically anyway.

Also I would caution on a few key notes I was discussing with some of my intel buddies last night:
    1) he has been almost completely inactive for some time so his death may not change much
    2) Terrorism takes a group effort and he is but one in a large network.
    3) Someone will take his place who could be worse, and
    4) There will almost certainly be retaliation and attempts made on us.

With all that said I certainly send a salute to the Seal/Special ops Teams and Intel agents who carried this out. I would have loved to have been on the team that accomplished this!

• IMO It was a high price to pay. I am certainly glad hes dead but billions of dollars and thousands of lives did not need to lost. For the families of 9/11 Im sure it was great news and relief.

Shallow Runner - I completely agree. This is definitely not the end and he was only one guy but this war has done some damage to Al Quieda who got most of their power and supplies from the US in the first place. Other than the closure the biggest advantage to this will be the strong urge to bring the troops home. If the American people wanted them back before they will certainly push to bring them home now. I cant think of a good reason to keep them any longer but Ive felt like that for a while.

• I am sure there will be a push and perhaps some of them can come home but it is not as if we have defeated the entire terrorist network or even crippled it. One the main motivators for the initial attacks was out occupation of holy land during the first gulf war so killing one of their icons while being on their soil again isn't going to make them back off. Given the ideology of this group and the nature of the warfare I am not sure it is a war we can ever really win; similar to Vietnam we may just cut our losses and call it a day. I would just be concerned, as it is probably the case, that they will not be so willing to walk away from the fight.

• I definitely agree this is by no means over but if this war has shown anything its that conventional warfare doesnt stop terrorist groups very well. And I also think there will be a significant retaliation. It just seems like any way you slice it a large military presence isnt helping the situation.

• IMHO this is great news not only for the US but for the entire free world :thumbsup2:considering the fact that he has been eluding US forces for so long after committing such hideous crimes. Money spent to hunt down criminals like that should not be questioned :nono:as you wouldn't want to send the message they can get away if it costs money. After all, a lot of money is being wasted on other stupid sh#$% like saving banks and big corporations.
    To preserve American lives , save $$ and send a clear message there is always the option of using the most abundant element on Earth, H.;) (JK)

• I wasnt saying that the money was wasted but a full scale war and the loss of life it caused was expensive. You dont need a cruise missile to take out an ant. That would be expensive but would get the job done. There are many other high value criminals that have been and are caught using fewer resources. I agree its a great thing that he was finally caught(killed) but you cant argue that it wasnt expensive. Basically Im arguing against the efficiency and the use of searching for him as a justification for an entire war. As for other wasted money in government thats a whole other story.

Im not trying to start an argument as I think we both agree this was a good thing. Just commenting on how stupid the war in general has been and how I hate the unnecessary waste of american soldiers for which I have the utmost respect.

• His body now rest with the fish.. Give me a break, the thing is just a plain prank. Last news is he was living in a cave within a federal building in Langley Virginia :rolleyes1:

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I was really hoping I'd be making a trip to Washington DC to view the dead body of Bin Laden hanging in the front lawn of the White House.