Hello From Santa Barbara!

• Hi everybody, my name is Nick Hernandez and I currently live and dive in Santa Barbara. I mostly shore dive, as I don't have a boat, but I have friends with boats...even better. I started diving in 2009 with a bamboo homemade polespear and have upgraded and upgraded to making my own guns. I shot my first seabass only 11 months after I started diving and I finally landed my first halibut last week, the little buggers always escape my eyes. I plan on giving detailed dive reports of all my dives and what not. Can't wait to be a part of this forum.

Nick Hernandez

• Its much better here Nick. You forgot to mention that you like them Wong. :laughing3:

BTW-You should have hid that CC post on facebook from Ryan Murphy..

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• The gun that Nick built is very solid and beautiful. One of the top ten home builds I have seen. Sweet little midhandle!

Long Beach Neptune

USCG 50GT

• Thanks Davis, I respect your opinion. But dude, just wait until you see the 62" that Lonnie and I are building, you might get some zero gravity piss in your pants hahaha

Nick Hernandez

• Neat way of incorporating the Riffe handle.

Thanks Dan, it was tricky though to figure out a way to get that tiny handle to fit on that gun so we just routed out a half cylinder piece of teak and epoxied it to the rest of body and sunk it in about a half an inch. Those photos are all photos of it without an epoxy coat on it though. The gun shoots great and has very little recoil, the wood just absorbs all the recoil plus it's quiet as a mouse! For all of you guys thinking about doing your first gun build, for your own sanity, do not use the Riffe mid handle kit. It was quite a challenge but it sure was worth it.

Nick Hernandez