Spearfishing Cuba, calling in the fish

• that with the gun was my friend roli. that day i couldn't dive much because my sinus was hurting a lot . that spot was about 100 + so he was the one diving. the day before we didn't shoot any vids because the cam had no batteries , but we went from 90 to 150 ft of water. the line we used was 145 ft, this guy went down sucked up all the line and we had to sink the float for him to get wherever he was going.

• where did you fish at locote ? i'm from the isle of pines , that's where i shot the video. specifically right in front of punta cocodrilo. or jacksonville. which is the original name of the town.

• he was scheptic about callling fish , so when he went down i went down as well and stayed 10 ft away from him and started to make noises. so he waited to see what happened. and shot the video. we were just having fun , not looking for fish actually.
    marco , i was thinking that by what you said earlier you find hard to believe what i said about the 150 ft. i want to extend an invitation to you , when u get a week off i'll take u over there and we'll spend a couple of days fishing with these guys . i promess u you'll have a great time and u'll be amazed with what they can do with such crappy gear.
    jap, yes u can take your gear over there. if anyone wants to go there let me know.

• actually , i think it's not really difficult. but there's regulations on the ammount of money you can spend while there. ... i think . but i'll find out for you.

rolo. i don't know why but roli , my friend had a thing with turning the camara on and off. ... mostly at the wrong time. there's a bunch of other videos , but were either cut short or not shot right. i'll be more carefull next time. and there's pics too.

• where did you fish at locote ? i'm from the isle of pines , that's where i shot the video. specifically right in front of punta cocodrilo. or jacksonville. which is the original name of the town.

desde matanzas , en la bahia ,en boca de camarioca y por la costa serca de bacunayagua

Que viva la pesca :cuba:

• Tranquilo Sergio, I know there's people that dives 150+ feet. I'm not one of them. I was just making fun with you. You know what they say: Every cuban is from La Habana (not you as I can see) and everything is bigger over there. ;)

If I go there, either I chum the fish up or play as "cordelero".

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Tranquilo Sergio, I know there's people that dives 150+ feet. I'm not one of them. I was just making fun with you. You know what they say: Every cuban is from La Habana (not you as I can see) and everything is bigger over there. ;)

If I go there, either I chum the fish up or play as "cordelero".

Don't forget that food also tastes better there

• Is it difficult for non-Cuban citizens to travel there?

Shit I wanna go.

It is actually easier for non-cubans to go there than it is for cubans.
    I am sure they will let you take all the gear you want, the question is will they let you take it out:confused1:

• i took all my gear in and out , there's no problem with that. and the food....... depends. sometimes it's good, sometimes not so. the only thing with the gear is that you'll have to pay 20 dolars extra or so for them, because the package is longer than regular packages. but it's only here, not when you are leaving cuba.