new motors for the Carrot Juice

• Had another slight problem Sunday. My shifter cable broke off at the connection inside the cowling. That's it. Two times in a week. I'm off to Belize City to get twin 40 hp Yamaha Enduros.
    I love those engines. Simple and reliable.
    Not sure about a few things though. No electric start but I can hook them to a battery so i can keep it charged for my bilge pump?
    Do the 40s come with tachometers?
    Separate fuel supply or single?
    Anyway, I feel a lot better. If I had broke down outside the reef on Sunday I would have been in deep shit. The wind had unexpectedly switched to a west wind and was strong. If my motor had quit I'd be typing this thread from Cuba or Jamaica.
    ya man. :D

• Thanks LB. Dude, when are you coming down here?
    The guy is supposed to deliver the motors and mount them today or tomorrow. Today would be nice. It's my birthday.
    Can't wait for the next full moon. ya man.

• Happy B-Day Hank! Here on the island commercial fishermen and fishermen that are out there day in and day out rely on rely on those Yamaha with excellent results. You could tell who's serious about his workboat by looking at their two smaller (40-60) Yamahas mounted on the transom. They're workhorses, good choice.

• Yes you can rig them up to charge your batt.
    Tachs do not come with motors.
    Separate fuel supply would be best, if one gets contaminated, you can still make it home;)

• Yes you can rig them up to charge your batt.
    Tachs do not come with motors.
    Separate fuel supply would be best, if one gets contaminated, you can still make it home;)

Yep, I got the rectifier for one motor to charge the battery.
    I got used to using a tach with the ETEC but no need. With twins you listen to the pitch kind of like tuning a guitar. When the waves get long.....waaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa, they're on the same RPM. It'll take a little getting used to I guess.
    And Yamaha shifters are the best. ETEC made a nice one but they want $1000 for it here.

I have two fuel tanks. And carry two other 6 gallon containers. Thanks.

• The twins are on. But if you look at the graphics on the cowlings, you'll notice they're not identical twins. Only in Belize. I believe one is an 011 and the other a 010. Inside they're identical though.
    No auto tilt so I cut a couple pieces of old spear shaft to use in the manual tilt bracket to hold the motors up coming in the shallow canal. The shifters seem a little flimsy on the side mount....I hope someone doesn't grab them while trying to climb in the boat. But they're smooth, Yamaha shifters. Nice.
    Now I can sleep better even though my wife is a little pissed. She wants another pickup truck....sorry honey. :)...in a couple months.
    Love the sound of those little two cylinder motors. ya man...

• Finally got the Yamahas wet yesterday. Did the break in and test runs and going out tomorrow.
    Quite a difference. The twin 40s are noticeably slower. More than I would thought with 10 hp reduction. And they're LOUD ! haha. But, it sure looks nice having those gray smokers on.
    I put the ETEC on the other panga that belongs to the company. It looks identical to my Pesquero...like they were made from the same mold. But if feels a lot lighter. And it rides a lot softer with the ETEC on it than my boat did.
    And there is a lot to be said for the conveniences of modern technology. Instead of pushing a button, I have to lift the motors up and put a piece of 2x4 under them to "trim" them up coming in and out of our canal. Hand starting is no problem. Mixing the gas....eh......although it is a bit more gas. I'll se what I burn tomorrow.
    But I love those smooth Yamaha shifters. And for whatever reason.....maybe from riding dirt bikes when I was young....I just love that "popping" sound of those Enduros.
    Amazing though the difference in how the two boats feel. I hate to say it, but my boat is the worst. The other one is old and I'm not sure how strong it is after sitting on the beach out in the weather for a few years. But it sure rides softer.
    Now I just have to see how lucky the Yammies are at getting fish. ....It's nothing to do with ME.

• More weight and more drag is the trade off for peace of mind:D
    They're not gonna be as fuel efficient as Mr White, but you'll make that up in reliability. :thumbsup2:

• There is one little problem I need to solve with these pull start motors.
    When I have guys in the water and I'm following, I shut the motors off and drift. Problem is when I restart them, especially the port side one, and the sea is choppy, I've almost fallen overboard twice. haha. I need some sort of harness.