Broward Beach Conditions

• The beach cam looks nice this Fri morn. going to dania. all welcome to join me.
    Steve

Damn someone wake up early to check the weather. hmmm. real nice. I'm at work already just dreaming about spearfishing and you going fishing. Why wont we exchange positions for one day;), Good luck on this day. get some pictures so people like me can dream for a little more:thumbsup2:

• Core----so far it's me, Stevo and Scott at Dania pier this am. Wish you could go with us:)
    Will give a report when the divin day is ove.
    Hope the viz is better than yesterday.

Wow. Nice guys please have a good one but speacially a safe one in the water. please get me some hogs and groupers will ya.:thumbsup2: Hau I talk to my wife and we are planning to go down to Orlando to visit some family in may or june, How far is Orlando to where you guys go fishing? About 3-4 hrs? I want to know because this summer if i get all the gear and i get my speargun ready i can make a trip down there for sure and go try kill something with you all.But anyway Good luck hope to see pics:D

• Holy crap did I have fun today. First off I would like to thank Hau and Scott for waiting for me. Hau I put that anchor back into your truck, ty for the genorous offer but it was just to combersome for me. I went to west marine on the way home and got a small one.
    So this was my maiden voyage on a yak, wow I felt like a fat tangled mess out there. I am gonna reorganize a few things which I hope will make my life easier for next time. Once I was in the water things got allot better. None the less the vis was good, a bit windy and a little current.
    Steve

• Holy crap did I have fun today. First off I would like to thank Hau and Scott for waiting for me. Hau I put that anchor back into your truck, ty for the genorous offer but it was just to combersome for me. I went to west marine on the way home and got a small one.
    So this was my maiden voyage on a yak, wow I felt like a fat tangled mess out there. I am gonna reorganize a few things which I hope will make my life easier for next time. Once I was in the water things got allot better. None the less the vis was good, a bit windy and a little current.
    Steve

i was waitting the whole day for the results. :) so? any fish? where is hau with all his high speed status:laughing3: At least is good to know you guys have fun, not like ome of us that had a horrible day at work

• at Dania pier beach today
    begin at 930am-----------------end at 4;30pm
    wind from N at 6mph----------from NE at 18mph
    water 72deg in 13fsw
    current from N at 1mph------from N at 2 1/2mph
    viz 30f in 13fsw---------------35f in 35fsw
    seas 2f in 13fsw--------------4 1/2f in 35fsw
    air temp 62deg PC-----------69deg cloudless

Stevo, Scott and me out there today.
    Was not the perfect weather day for Stevos maiden voyage, but he did great. Thanks for goin with us Stevo.
    I went out to 35fsw hoping to find fish, but the seas got to rough and I quit for the day at 4;30pm.
    I got 2 grunts and 1 cero mack all day. But we got to spend the day divin and spearin:D
    Sorry, no pictures.:(
    "We had fun, thats all that matters"--JLB

• 2-21-9
    I wanted to go out early for a half day this morning.
    Just sitting here waiting for the sun to light up the beach sites.
    The Puerto Rico beach cam shows 8mph wind, PC and 2f beach surf.
    Anyone want to join me can PM, write here or call.

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Loaded all the gear and drove to Dania pier beach.
    The weather was marginal when I first got there and was getting worse by the minute so we called off the dive. At 9am the beach surf was at 3 footers onto the beach and building fast and there was green water out 200-300yd from shore:(
    Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    The yak/spearin group plans to go out somewhere tomorrow am. The time and location has not been set yet. Any and all are welcome.

• 2-22-9
    The yak/speaero group plans on meeting at Dania pier beach this morning.
    Scott and Dino like to start very early and will be there at aprox 0800 with other spearos arriving later.
    The group wants to go to deeper water:D. Hope the viz is good.
    The dive plan will be posted in the usual spot.
    Any and all are invited and welcome to join us.

• on Dania pier beach today
    begin at 9am--------------------end at 1pm
    wind from N at 4mph-----------from NNE at 8mph
    water temp 72deg in 30fsw
    current fron N at 2 1/2mph--- same
    viz 100f+ in 35fsw--------------same:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:
    seas 1f in 35fsw-----------------same
    68deg PC-------------------------78deg PC

OMG what a day. Some spearos had their best day ever today:thumbsup2:
    I got 3 hogs, others got more and personal best fishes today:D
    The taxman came to try to collect.:0
    The current was rippin
    You could hear guns going off in the water like opening day of deer season:D
    I had to quit early as I worked last night and tonight also:(
    Met new spearos that went out with us:thumbsup2:
    Today was the yak/spearos best day to date.
    Hope others come on with pics and their own stories:toast:
    Thanks to all.
    LunkerBuster--thank you, thank you for the pole spear and paralyzer tip and the vest activator:thumbsup2:
    Lo siento, gotta go clean fish

Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• spearos---I wanted to dive tomorrow 2-27 for an am morning dive.
    I will look at the cams Friday am and let you know if I'm going out as soon as it gets light enough to see the seas. I plan on getting up at aprox 630am. The forecast now for 2-27 is for 2-3f seas.
    Even if it is to rough to go out in the yak I may do the Dania Jaxs in the am just to try out my new fish shotgun I built:D
    Any and all are welcome.

• pargo---I wanted some way to take small fast reef fish. I use a RA130 for real fish, but it is way to big and show to swing on little fast fish. So, I took an old J.D. Preece Sea Hornet 24in, took the rear stalk off, rebanded it and screwed on a paralyzer tip. I got nothing in it cost wise, as I already had everything lying around and on other guns and extra stuff. I do not know how the 2f shaft will fly with a paralyzer tip, but I am hoping that it is more compact and accurate than a pole spear out to 6f or so.
    Just bored with nothing to do during this bad weather and wishing I could be building guns like some others here:)

• grunts, bonito, snapper, drum etc.
    Please to remember, I work with all different nationality girls that will cook and eat anything:D
    Little fish is better than no fish:)
    Back in the day when I was a commercial sponger, I wore a Scuba Pro pneumatic in a plastic holster strapped to the upper leg just in case I saw a grouper holed up or a shark that would not give up.
    Do you think the 24in Sea Hornet with paralyzer will be more accurate and effecient than a pole spear for this application?

Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau ().

• i know the pole spear is way faster, the reload time is about 2-3 seconds for a beginner

as far as accuracy, it will be a less than 5 foot shot so you really shouldnt miss.

the spear will prolly have more impact power as it is longer and heavier...let's try both and see

i like to spear fish

• today is not a good spearin day.
    Wind is 18mph+ and from the East
    Scott, Ismail, Stevo and I met at Dania pier. The seas were 3f and breaking right on the beach.
    The water was green. We didn't even take the yaks off the car tops and didn't even get in the water cause it was so rough. We rigged spearguns, talked spearin, yakin, weather, etc.
    Sorry, we were there and ready to go.
    We will try again tomorrow:)

LunkerBuster---you are probably correct, that is why it was so good of you to give me that pole spear. Thank you