Broward Beach Conditions

• sdeisen88---u r perfectly correct. Tomorrow will be a great day for u to study and work.
    So I won't waste ur time by inviting u to come over and YAK SURF with us at 8am :laughing3:
    [sorry Steven, I couldn't resist]
    Anyone else is welcome to join in. I would suggest NOT bringing any spearin or divin gear. We can go to any beach [Meade, Dania pier,or Sian. Don't matter to me but I can only go til noon]

• spearos---this is a good product SALE heads up. Is West Marine Comfort Series Manuel Inflate
    The vest I wear to freedivespearfish in water over 50f is on sale at West Marine for $60.
    Regular price is $100.
    The one I have is all black. The same vest comes in black, red and yellow.
    This vest also meets USCG requirements for PFD for a boat or YAK
    www.westmarine.com
    Hope this helps

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 6 times, last by hau ().

• This weather is very depressing
    It has blown to gusts over 40mph for 4 days now with no end in sight.
    You should see the view of the sea from my place. There are rolling white cap waves 10f tall as far as the eye can see. There are NO boats whatsoever on the sea. There are no birds flying or anywhere near the beach.
    You can SEE the rip current from North to South.
    I'm glad to not be a fish for the last 4 days and nights. The sea is relentless.
    When we do finally get back in the water and out onto our shallow reefs, the reefs cannot be the same after this beating

• my sentiments exactly. work and school is so much more depressing when there isnt that guarentee of getting in the water sometime soon.
    well at least its a little repreive for the fish to forget about us and our spearguns

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• spearos---lookin out the window the sea is almost FLAT with a just little wind chop right now [11-13 at 130pm]:thumbsup2:

I don't know how NWS missed it so bad as NWS is calling 4-6f seas today :confused1:

Just got an in the water report of 6f viz an rippin South bound current at Dania Pier.:@
    Only 1 of 2 yak spearos even got into the water before they headed back to shore.
    Viz was so poor that they couldn't even find the jaxs
    Hope this helps

• I've found in Ft. Lauderdale whenever there is a west wind no matter how hard it blows it will always be pretty calm. The harder it blows from the west the calmer it will be. Also it will most likely be crappy vis.

Davie Peguero

• West winds pushing the nearshore waters out.

You've had 20-30mph winds and huge waves all week stirring up the beach waters. The west winds pushes all that stuff out now.

Davie Peguero

• The preceding wave activity I understand. But wouldn't lack of any movement on the surface indicate that the west wind isn't pushing anything?

Not at all, there has to be movement between the air and water, it's just not visible.

Davie Peguero

• I had it abbreviated for my initials av (Alan Vera) but I figured, Ill just use my name.

I dont think this thread can be hijacked:D

Almost forgot, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.jpg:)

JK hau, thanks for the awesome reports:thumbsup2:

• woah woah woah we had this discussion at the meeting de la dan's house and the reason we dont post pics is cause of dan's critcism.. j.k of course... as soon as the water clears up there will be all kinds of amazing catches to be posted. And hopefully hau will get used to uploading videos and photos from his mask cam.. i know jsut from the last few times hes photoed some cool shit and nice fish.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Meade street solo today

begin at 9am--------------end a 11am
    12f viz 1st reef :(
    18f viz 2nd reef :(
    25f viz an RIPPIN current south bound on 3rd reef :(
    4f surf hitting the sand makes for a thrilling ride INTO the beach on a yak :@

edit--forgot to mention that FWC checked me out this morning. The LEO was a nice kid, but in our 15min conversation he asked me if I had a PFD in my yak and asked to see it :innocent2:

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 2 times, last by hau: mispelled our ().