Broward Beach Conditions

• Hey guys,
    I want to head out tomorrow after class( I finish class at 10am) to do some spearing. I can be in the water by 11am, if any wants to join me let me know today. 305-799-8515 Brian.
    Thankss

• Dania today
    begin at 8am-------------end at 5pm
    wind from W at 7mph----WNW at 18mph
    current from S at 1/2mph--same
    viz 35f in 35fsw -----------25f in 25fsw
    seas almost flat-----------2f
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 62F cloudless ---68F overcast

scott, sdeisen an me north of Meade St today
    sdeisen wanted to go North so I took us to some numbers I had :)
    we dropped anchors and both of us had fish within 5 minutes :D
    scott an sdeisen had to leave early an left me out there all alone :@ :rolleyes1:
    Todays weather started out great but the West wind kicked up to 18 an the viz dropped again so I just came in at 5
    Today was another great day to be yak freedivingspearfishing in Miami :attack2: :fish:

Dan--thanks for researching and posting such a nice picture of an anhinga

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• LOMartin--what are the chances that that anhinga would pick exactly where I was spearing to hunt also? :cool2:
    I mean he had the whole ocean but he chose to hunt where my little blue yak was.
    Maybe he was stealing my GPS numbers :laughing3:

Me an sdeisen where gettin ready to push out into the water, I looked up an saw sdeisen with his arms out welcoming the sunrise. I told him to not move till I got the picture:thumbsup2:
    I am thankful for every day spearin and sdeisen expressed it perfectly. :thumbsup2:

• Dania today
    begin at 8am-------------end at 1pm
    wind from W at 6mph----NW at 18mph
    current from N at 1mph--same
    viz 35f in 30fsw ---------30f in 30fsw
    seas almost flat-----------2f
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 56F 10% clouds -72F 10% clouds

Solo at Dania today
    today is a beautiful day with lots of warm sunshine, blue sky an smooth water
    I got 2 hogs, 2 porgies and a dog is all
    I had another porgie but the "New Thief on the Reef" stole it off my spear :(
    First we had to worry about the sharks takin our fish, then after they outlawed huntin Jewfish it was the Jewfish that will steal our speared fish. Now it is the grouper that have no fear of a spearo. I had at least 1 and sometimes 3-4 grouper follow me the whole time I was spearin today. Everytime I fired my gun the grouper would come flyin. Once today I didn't get my porgie up fast enough and a grouper tore it off my spear :@
    And some won't give up and follow the speared fish almost all the way to the surface :confused1:
    The hogs are in the sand AND on top of the reef today but there is not many around that are legal size.
    Hope this helps :toast:

• Went out today in my new Pursuit suit, it was excellent I think my body was not used to it initially and I actually felt hot then I cooled off and the suit performed excellently. I spent three hours on the water with not even a shiver. I did leave the hood off most of the time.

On a second note I got a good size hog and a couple margates today and experienced the same thing as hau, red groupers coming in to check out what was going on.

Which reef is the one after the drop off, 2nd or 3rd? I swam out there today, the swim wasn't a problem but I was scared shit less about boats so I headed closer to shore.

• Meade St today
    begin at 830am-------------end at noon
    wind from N at 5mph----E at 15mph
    current from N at 1/2mph--same
    viz 25f in 25fsw ---------20f in 25fsw
    seas almost flat-----------2-3f seas
    water temp 70F
    air temp. 57F 20% clouds -74F 10% clouds

me an Rhodyhunter at Meade today
    Viz was bad from the beginning an got worse:(
    Rhodyhunter had the maiden voyage on his new yak today an loved it :D
    We only got 1 small hog an 1 small dog an called it a day
    Got to meet some spearos I had never met before.:thumbsup2:.

• Went out today in my new Pursuit suit, it was excellent I think my body was not used to it initially and I actually felt hot then I cooled off and the suit performed excellently. I spent three hours on the water with not even a shiver. I did leave the hood off most of the time.

On a second note I got a good size hog and a couple margates today and experienced the same thing as hau, red groupers coming in to check out what was going on.

Which reef is the one after the drop off, 2nd or 3rd? I swam out there today, the swim wasn't a problem but I was scared shit less about boats so I headed closer to shore.

nice to stay warm isnt it.. you were prob in between the first and second,, theres the ledge that marks the first then quite a ways until you reach the second reef,,

hau new ppl at meade?!

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• met up with scott yesterday at meade and met Ozzy, a new spearo to me, not sure if that was who hau was talking about...i didn't dive cos it was getting dicey and Ozzy was coming in and said he didnt see much besides grunts.

maybe today will be better, looks overcast though

i like to spear fish

• spearos---today is NOT the perfect freedivingspearfishing day.:(
    Wind is from the East at up to 26mph :(
    BIG white caps as far out as the eye can see and box cars on the ocean horizen. :(
    Surf is 4-5f :(
    Viz was crap yesterday BEFORE this blow :(
    Todays forecast is for WORSENING conditions throughout the day. :(
    Hope this helps

PS--today good day to surf