Broward Beach Conditions

• 8-25-09
    10am- meade area
    Vis decent, could see bottom relatively clear from surface at about 25-30 feet depth.
    Current was ripping though
    Groupers were out in force, but all looked a few inches shy of legal. Lots of yellow tail snappers also.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Vista Park today
    begin at 830am-----------------------end at 630pm
    wind from S at 5mph-----------------from NE at 10mph
    water temp 88F
    current from S at 1mph-------------from S at 2mph
    viz 50F in 30fsw---------------------30f in 20fsw
    seas flat------------------------------seas less than 2f
    air temp 82F PC---------------------85F stormy

me and woodshooter went to Vista Park in search of fishingdudes monster hogs :)
    woodshooter got a nice hog and a whole stringer of fish
    I lucked out and all my fish wouldn't fit into my cooler :D
    I got 1 little hog and 2 18-20 hogs, 4 macks, a 40in cuda and a bag of jacks and dogs and others.
    I shot the cuda high in the back, yelled and yelled for woodshooter who swam like Phelps and put a kill shot in the cuda. Thanks brother :thumbsup2:
    I had a 36in mack on my shaft and was swimming back to the yak when at least a 4f king swam by real slow:(
    What a great day we had :attack2: :fish:

• thanks for showing me around vista hau.. next time we gotta hit the deeper section of vista. i was amaized at how fast you gutted that cuda, i was like wat the f*#k that was fast...

• At Vista Park today
    begin at 830am---------------------end at noon
    wind from South at 5mph---------from SE at 10mph
    water temp 85F
    current from S at 2mph-----------from S at 1mph
    viz 50f in 30fsw--------------------30f in 25fsw
    seas flat----------------------------seas less than 2f
    air temp 82F few clouds-----------------------91F fixin to storm

Solo today as BentShaftGarret and crew got tied up
    Went to 2nd reef and shot 2 20in hogs, a 30in and a 36in mac and 12 other reef fish
    I saw a HUGE cuda, I dropped on him, had my spear shaft aimed perfectly at the top of his head and realized that I might just loose my gun and get my spear bent if the shot was bad AND, what was I gonna do with a cuda close to 5f long :0 So I let him swim away.:)
    Biggest cuda I have seen in many many years:)

• 10am meade area.. damn near a perfect day. vis was good, ocean was a lake.
    marine patrol managed to knock my mask and some gear off kayak with their wake,, and apparently u have to physically have your fishing license on you.

• /\ x2

meade was awesome today...paradise...got chased in by the FWC for no license on me :(

sorry steve, never found your mask or snorkel and they were sure i was doing something shady when I dove a few times to look.

perfect conditions today vis was 45ft+ and the ocean was a lake..

saw scott and dino on their way out when i was getting back to the shore, hopefully they did well

i like to spear fish

• its cool thanks for tryin, im surprised u even tryed considerin marine cops were eager to get ya movin,, appreciate it. ,, in alll honesty even that didnt ruin how nice the water was.. although given a couple more hours im sure the day would of produced some awesome fish

• At Vista Park today
    begin at 9am----------------------end at 530pm
    wind from SW at 5mph-----------from SE at 8mph
    water temp 88F
    current 1 1/2mph from S---------from E at 1/2mph
    viz 50f in 25fsw-------------------25f in 25fsw
    seas flat---------------------------seas 2f
    air temp 83F clear----------------stormy 90F stormy

Solo today at Vista:crazy: Hunted outside of the "fishingdude hogfish no take zone" :nono:
    Conditions were perfect almost the whole day.
    Lots of boats there after noon. Saw one beach spearo swim out to the second reef with a boogy board:0. Thats a LONG swim on the weekend. Hope he made it back ok
    I got a bag of reef fish, 4 hogs 18-20in, 3 macs and a cuda 49in long and fat :thumbsup2:
    I was swimming slow into the current when a school of at least 12 BIG cudas swam from behind me and heading up current also. I hesitated a second, picked out one of the SMALLER ones, took a breath and dropped on him. He didnt act like he saw me gliding down and the shot was ok. Then all hell broke loose as he bolted through the other cudas and spun line off my reel so fast that I put the heel of my hand on the reel to add enough resistance to stop or slow his run so I wouldnt run out of line. Now i could feel him slightly pulling me through the water:cool2:
    By now half [100ft] the line was off my reel and going out into the haze. The cuda stopped pulling and at first I though he had tore off so I started cranking line back in as I swam to the line. But the line wouldn't just crank in, like the shaft was hooked on the bottom till I swam close enough to see the cuda lying on the reef with my shaft through his guts:thumbsup2: Ok, now what to do? I could see him still breathing well and I was afraid he would run again. I looked up and the closest boat was over 100yds away and I didn't know them so I breathed up, dropped down to the reef behind the cuda, crawled up behind him without finning and stabbed him just behind his head. He jerked and ran 10 feet and we repeated until I was able to get a hand in his gills.
    Now I got him and head up just a 4 ft or so bull shows up acting all twitchy and jerking around. I get to the surface and realize I have about a 50yd swim back to the yack with the cuda and little bull. By now I am swimming down current towards the yak in a cloud of cuda blood with the cuda in my left hand and my empty gun in my right hand:(
    I try to keep an eye on the little bull as he darts in and out of the haze till i finally make it to the yak, throw the cuda in and jump up into the seat. I was surprised to see that little bull as hot as the water has been and Im sure he wasn't happy when he couldn't find the cuda that was bleeding everywhere:)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited 4 times, last by hau ().

• sdeisen---I tried yesterday to post the mornings conditions from the yak as soon as I anchor up, but it is a real hassle with the iphone / internet / forum through the dry bag.
    Posting the conditions as early as possible in the morning would be more useful and relavent than posting at the END of the day