Broward Beach Conditions

• It felt very nice to be out. Wanna dive on fri sat or sun? I wanna shore dive to test the float but I'm good to swim to the second anyday

Vis was at least 35. Felt like it stayed around there but got better in some spots. Over the sand at the back of the reef I could see 32 ft down and at least as far to the side. So that's just under fifty feet. Pretty damn good. Should stay flat all week and continue to improve :D

i like to spear fish

• fishingdude---thank you bro :toast:
    sdeisen cut short his partying last night and got up WAY early (for him) and drove all the way down from Boca just to spear with me. Todays forecast was ""SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT." I was honored and very happy to spear with him. We haven't speared together since he moved north for school. sdeisen and I are very compatable spearos. We meet up at the launch site at the same time, shake hands and start talking about gear/life/gfs/spearin as we gear up our yaks- shove out to sea-paddle out a mile or two. Once our anchors touch down and the roads play out the talk stops. For the next 4 hours we are in spearin mode and there is no need to talk as we hunt. We are like two indians silently stalking a big buck in the woods with hand gestures and reading the reef. I had forgotten what it was like to have a good dive buddy. Thanks for spearin with me sdeisen :toast2:

• sounds like a great day.. you guys wanna dive this weekend or friday?

I'm down Judah. I may have located a few inshore bugs that I wanna check out either sat or friday... I'll be done with final exams then and am ready to spear for the rest of winter break!! lol

I really havn't got out much and i know i've been a ghost lately. Just super busy with school, life, etc. :nono:

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am--------end at 2pm
    wind from NW at 15mph---from WNW at 22mph
    current 1mph from N--same
    viz 45f in 40fsw-------30f in 30fsw
    seas 2f -----same
    water temp 74F
    air 47F 0 clouds overhead ---59F 0 clouds overhead

"SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT"
    It was friggin 15deg ABOVE freezin this morning. The wind was blowin. The beach was bunless. The sea got rougher every 100yds out. An I saw no fish. "If I was spearfishin for a livin, I'd call in sic today"
    But I did see a 4f Manta ray glide around me and later a 2f turtle made 2 full circles around me so close I could see him blink his eyes. And I killed a 20in mutton AND caught a killer wave all the way in to the sand, and today cost me $5. (parking). :thumbsup2:

• sounds like a great day.. you guys wanna dive this weekend or friday?

Judah, Ben Lets do it up Saturday/Sunday. I can't get off work Friday but I am done with Finals this week and the conditions look to hold for the weekend. That good vis last weekend has me itching to get back out. Shore, Yak, FTL, Dania, whatever; lets do it. I will throw the grill and cooler in the truck and we can do it up afterward and enjoy some of our catch and a few brews. Shoot me a text and let me know what's up.

• Ben, I am off work on friday and free all weekend...shore dive is preferred but I can scrounge up a yak too.

Shawn, you know I am down for everything you typed :D

Hau, that sounds awesome...I love big rays and a turtle will brighten any diving day.
    stay warm brother :)

i like to spear fish

• Nice, I will get a hold of you later in the week. If you want to yak it my buddy would probably come and has a second. It's smaller but works.

• hau- thank you siir and likewise. i always like the indian analogy :native:

mr. mike- yup not the usual reef triggers, this is one of only very few times i'd ever seen one

I see a lot outside the first reef near pompano, not usually bigger than 12" and in small schools of 2-5, bigger ones are usually alone or with one other similar sized fish. I saw them for the first time relatively near the surface on my last beach dive, where they were just roaming with no structure around. The small ones I see are usually on or around the reef mixed in with tangs, parrotfish, or angelfish. They are typically very stupid and approach me within arms reach.

• I love that site, have an app on my phone for it. :thumbsup2:

Very excited about the weather (if it holds true). It is much needed after all the wind, waves and overall crappy weather we have had. :cool2:

• South of Port Everglades today
    begin at 830am--------end at 4pm
    wind from W at 12mph---from W at 5mph
    current 1mph from N-----zero current
    viz 50f in 50fsw-------30f in 30fsw
    seas 1-2f ------------FLAT, FLAT
    water temp 74F
    windchill 41F 0 clouds overhead ---70F 0 clouds overhead

Today was a stellar yak freediving spearfishing day. It started out cold and clear sky and just got better as the day went on. It got so good that I stood on my yak an could see fish 40f below me :@
    I have changed my hog requirements. If the hog does not have a black tail I don't shoot it. Unless I am mistaken, only adult male hogs have black tails. This self imposed hog requirement will keep me from shooting adult females AND smaller hogs. There are many LESS hogs with black tails, but I believe it will be better for the hog population.(at least where I hunt).
    I got 3 hogs today. (all with black tails) :)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().