Broward Beach Conditions

• Didnt get in the water till about 12. Looked good when I got in and then when the storm rolled in...everything went to shit. I'll post up a video in a bit when it's done rendering. Like Mike said above, the current was movin today!

• Any tips on making the Ceviche before I cut him up?

Slice in to bite size pieces and cover with lemon and lime juice. Make sure its fresh squeezed. I like to add roasted red pepper, mango slices, cilatro and maybe some tomato. You can also add some salt, pepper and/or hot sauce or peppers. Let it rest in the fridge for a while to let it chill and cook then enjoy with some tostadas and a cold one.

• I go super simple for my ceviche. Red pepper diced small. Red onion diced small. Yj diced small.

Some coarse kosher salt. Hot red pepper and then lime and lemon in a 4:1 ratio. I do a 15-20 minutes soak at the longest. Then strain and enjoy

Sometimes I'd add garlic or roasted garlic if I made some the night before. Generally I leave it raw or out completely.

I occasionally add mint, mango, or a spicier pepper too

i like to spear fish

• why do you guys get excited for mini season? isnt it just like a few day period when the oceans extra crowded with people? Is it like a first come first serve get them while you still can kind of deal?

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• Abundance of lobster before they get wiped out the week after, not saying limits are not to be had year round but I find larger numbers during mini

• Growing up, mini season was the biggest holiday of the year for me. Christmas was ok.. Halloween, meh.. but mini season, I waited all year for those 2 days. I can remember my mom knocking me out with benedryl the night before so I could actually get some sleep. For me, there's just something magical about it.. heading out before sun up, being anchored on that one hole, waiting for light and hoping that it was still as jam packed as it was the previous scouting day. Ending the day with a lobster feast shared by the entire family. It's not so much about the easy pickings, it's that one day designated for being on the water, having a blast, and enjoying what the ocean has to offer.

There are safe places out there, where the out of state yahoos are sparse. I sure as hell wouldn't dive Miami or lauderdale for mini season.

• I have had limits within a few hours during miniseason, in the keys 7 people on the boat, 42 lobsters by 10am and then its time to drink the rest of the day..... what's not to be excited about. Up here it's 12 per person so I'm hoping I can put 7 on the boat and land 84 bugs in that same couple hours with a couple areas I know holding them. And then drink the rest of the day... sure its busier but everyone is lobstering so the speed boats trying to run us over are limited or at least a little more conscious of our presence. I only get excited because the last 3-4 years I've done it seriously have been exciting.

• out today from 500pm-720pm south of port everglades
    went from inside of first reef to the outside of the first reef and back again
    Viz was pretty lame everywhere, Very very hazy
    heard a crazy loud boom when i was diving down, dont know what it was
    Saw a lot of 12-14 inch hogs
    A lot of boats out even late

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• viz was ok at 7am but there was a hazy brown layer about 2' thick. I got my limit of bugs, lots of boats I talked to had a very hard time... silly bubble blowers. viz shut down by 3 so I came in.