Broward Beach Conditions

• The puke turned into soup at the front of the second reef. Much better but still crap. Swimming back in I kept going in circles. Saw lots of activity, but not a lot of potential dinner.

• Forgot to mention. When we went out on Monday we noticed Fort Lauderdale beach was totally wrecked from that storm surge + winds + super high tide that washed everything onshore and gave us bad viz. The beach was very short and had a deep channel just inside the water that then went back to a shallow sandbar. It seems like this erosion is now causing the beach to wash onto a1a regularly. This was taken today not at high tide. Wonder if they are going to start doing some "Coastal Management" and screw up the reefs and viz?

• Viz is still pretty snotty through the first reef, but it opens up to a beautiful 50+ ft of clean blue water on the second reef.

• Almost identical conditions today north of the port. Good luck hardline, tomorrow should be just as epic.

• I went H&L yesterday, it was pretty rough but we found mahi and wahoo in about 500 fsw if anybody is planning a bluewater trip this weekend. Water looked very clear despite how rough it was

• Went out this morning with hardline. It was a bit rough 1-2 with a swell and viz wasn't so great. But it was doable on the first reef. I totally jinxed myself talking about overheating and puking in my wetsuit yesterday. The water was a little warmer then last time I dove and so as soon as I started doing drops I was boiling.

Hardline found a nice lobster hole but they didn't respond well to my speargun tickelsticking and holed up harder when I messed with them. Need to bring a snare/ticklestick on the banks board for sure.

We tried hitting the second reef but with no viz the swell kept making me swim in circles and I was already feeling not great. So we went back to the first and found a nice bit of structure. I missed a grover and had another tear off, and Hardline got a schoolmaster and a nice sheepshead. I was by then pretty sick from overheating so we decided to head back in.

Despite the negative aspects it was cool meeting Hardline and nice to be underwater and stuff. And I am glad Hardline got some fish.

Going out bluewater tomorrow looking for Mahi and Wahoo. Thanks for the heads up Mike. Did you see anything floating out there or was the ocean clean?

• Cool that hardline got a sheepshead, I never see those.

Good tips Dan. I like to pull the hood back and flood water down my neck and back, seems to cool me off really quick.