Gear/fin bags, what do you use?

• I'm looking for a decent quality gear bag that can hold my long blades, wetsuits, lines and misc stuff with separate compartments. I don't like the mesh bags and other nice bags Ive seen (riffe, h.desault) cost an arm and a leg. What are you guys using?

• You should check out the bag made by Precision Dive Products it's compact , durable and well made . By a free-diver for free-divers. It has straps for a gun and floatline and room inside for weight belt and weights,a five mil. wetsuit ,mask and a snorkel and strong enough to hold it all . And now with the end of year sales you can get a deal I'm sure . It's on my Christmas list

• I agree with the precision dive products backpack. Ryan has a great design. I have been meaning to buy one of those.

BOBBERRYFISHCARVINGS.COM

• I have a Riffe long fin bag and it works great. Its about 50$ and more than long enough for any fins. It has lots of space for other gear but only has a main pocket and a secondary pocket. The dessault bag is also nice but costs a little over 80$. I like my Riffe bag though and it has held up for about 2 years.

• You should check out the bag made by Precision Dive Products it's compact , durable and well made . By a free-diver for free-divers. It has straps for a gun and floatline and room inside for weight belt and weights,a five mil. wetsuit ,mask and a snorkel and strong enough to hold it all . And now with the end of year sales you can get a deal I'm sure . It's on my Christmas list

looks like a great design but i see a duffel bag style more convenient on a boat.

• I roll my dive flag up and stick in in my H dessault bag, it has two zippers so I just leave the flag pole sticking out and put a cap on it so nobody gets hurt, the same could be done for any spare shaft. I have seen the Pursuit dive bag in person and it is very nice and very similar to the Dessault. The relief cutouts in the backpack straps are a very nice touch in the comfort department, something the more expensive Dessault doesn't have.

• I roll my dive flag up and stick in in my H dessault bag, it has two zippers so I just leave the flag pole sticking out and put a cap on it so nobody gets hurt, the same could be done for any spare shaft. I have seen the Pursuit dive bag in person and it is very nice and very similar to the Dessault. The relief cutouts in the backpack straps are a very nice touch in the comfort department, something the more expensive Dessault doesn't have.

hmm... i kinda need the shaft to be totally concealed in the bag because I have to bring it on an airplane to Grenada. I also need a lot of other space in the bag because of baggage restrictions.

• I'm interested to see if any of the other gear bags, can fit a 100cm shaft? THe only one I've seen so far is the mako xlarge gear bag. Its 40"x 13" and its only $29.99.

Those mako bags look like they're lacking quality wise

• i have a long fin bag from leisure pro that is great for long blades...everything else goes in the pursuit mesh bag...it is hard to find one bag that holds everything well.

I will be getting a pursuit fin bag when available, they are very nicely made

i like to spear fish

• That Armour fin bag was designed for Pursuit to my specifications, such as the straps being contoured around the neck area. Then the manufacturing cost turned out to be too high, and I did not want to buy from Armour. The Armour bag should be selling for around $120. Pursuit will be offering the same design with a few improvements, such as more padded material to protect the fins, for around $80.

• I have the Armor Amphibian bag and it holds "ALL" my s#!t ! ! ! It does not have the different compartments in it, but all my gear+, gun velcro strapped to one side and PVC tube of shafts to the other, with the back pac straps it makes a great travle bag. Armor has all sorts of other speciality bags too. Dan's bag would be great for a day trip, or if you didn't pack everything but the kitchen sink like me.:rolleyes1:

• Stopped by my local dive store today looking at the H. Dessault bag and Riffe bag when the sales person showed me the Beuchat they just received, the bag was just what I was looking for, fits my fins, 3mm pursuit suit, extra rashguard, 100' vinyl float line, mask, snorkel, Spetton float, weights and belts, extra bands and shooting line with misc tools and hardware, and has large insulated front compartment big enough to put a few hogs, macs and misc fish!!! the craftsmanship looks top notch and the material itself looks like a canvas with a rubbery water proof coating with vents on the sides.