Last Sunday nice pargos!

• Last sunday we went out with the group and managed to get 4 nice pargos and a good sized Cero Mack.

All taken with my 130 Robbie... :cool2:

The other pictures are from Fernando and Naranjo, spanish and cuban respectively.

Saw a huge aguají (Black gouper), but could not get him on a secure killing shot range. It was very deep and didin't want him to hide under the rocks. Next time maybe... :rolleyes1:

Pics:

• Estan lindos Marco acabaste! Thanks for the great pics. In Cuba pargo generally means mutton snapper. Those don't look like mutton, are they dog snapper? So in PR when you say pargo do you refer to snappers in general or just the dog snapper?

• Yeah! In Puerto Rico we have Pargo colorao' which is dogtooth, pargo cubera and Sama, which is your criollo... In Venezuela totally different names. Aguadera, Guasinuco and Cebadal respectively.

I don't have the 120 anymore. I traded it for a Aimrite Venom 130 which is collecting dust in a closet (with a Riffe C3X...). I bought this RA 130 on ebay and I'm quite happy with it. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Yeah! In Puerto Rico we have Pargo colorao' which is dogtooth, pargo cubera and Sama, which is your criollo... In Venezuela totally different names. Aguadera, Guasinuco and Cebadal respectively.

I don't have the 120 anymore. I traded it for a Aimrite Venom 130 which is collecting dust in a closet (with a Riffe C3X...). I bought this RA 130 on ebay and I'm quite happy with it. ;)

Man, if you want a trade off i would like to have the C3X, i offer you a Riffe Euro 120 in tip top condition with two shafts...

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• It's so simple..

A hole saw. You could probably do it with a file if you have the patience.

An aluminum tube. You can paint it the color you want.

And you already have the butt. Best butt on the market.

It will be an original gun, will look like a reverse hybrid, and function perfectly as a hip loader. If you ever need to sell it you can easily convert it back to a chest loader so it doesn't lose value.

Sorry for the derail Marco.

• Marco,
    Very nice fish. Congratulations.
    Your pictures are perfect, but I would like to hear the spearin stories also if you have time:)

I love my RA 130. All my Riffes and other guns sit in the closet also. I should have a sale to git rid of what I don't use anymore.
    Gracias
    hau

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• Story? Well, my english is not the best but I will give a try... :rolleyes1:

One month ago we found a ledge that went from 60' to 80' and then to 2000' where I managed to get a nice mutton and Alex got a beautiful King Mack.

We returned to the area and I swam against the current doing some exploratory dives until I found a VIP (Very important Piedra! :D) in 75'. At my first dive a black gouper of around 15 pounds came from the bottom suddenly and we both scared! However I could get a shot, but it was a little high and in the body. Since I have this gun with two wraps of mono, I didn't had enough time to control him and prevent to go into a cave (6 feet deeper). I just leaved my gun there and went up for air.
    When I returned, the grouper was gone, but two Dogthoot were there staring at me at touching distance! :0

I had some chum in my float so I chummed the spot to keep them there. When I dove again both came over and I shot the larger one just behind the eye for a kill shot.

Dove again and the small one was a little bit scaried but I also got him with a middle body shot. When I was ascending, I saw a fat thing coming after the "small" (8 pounder) pargo which I thought it was a shark, but then realized that was the biggest black grouper I have ever seen in the water in my whole life. Not less than 60-50 pounds.

After leaving the snapper in the float I dove again and there was him, but in 100 feet. Too much for my old and tired body. I saw him again twice and one of the times I could probably have taken a shot, but wasn't sure to hit him in the head, so I decided not to shoot him. Who could take him out from a cave in 100' of water???

Anyway, the spot is in my GPS and maybe one of this days you will see the picture and read the story. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Thanks for showing me how it's done hau, I'll be sure to prompt our friend for a story the next time.

Marco, your English is good so here's a quote suitable for this moment from Golda Meir (the original iron lady) "Don't be humble, you're not that great" :D I may adopt that abbreviation VIP LOL, good story.

BTW it is my understanding that dogtooth usually refers to dogtooth tuna whereas the snapper is simply dog snapper.

• Marco,
    That was a great story that really added to the pictures for me. Thank you.
    The story could have been in Espanol but your English is very good. Gracias
    You do not use a reel on your RA 130?
    I use the new RA composite reel with 200 foot of 600 lb. QPower line. I guess I am just afraid of loosing my gun without a reel, but I am cheap and never like to let go of my gun.:)
    Gracias for the great pictures and story.
    hau