12/19/08-Homestead

• Headed out Friday with some friends for a couple hours.

Forecast called 5-10knot winds.. more like 15-20 knots with 4-6 foot seas.

Vis top to bottom in all spots.

spots ranged from 25-60 all freedive.

Dove one of my spots, which had a school of 40-50 cudas ranging from 10- 40 lbs. They were very curious to say the least.

Later as I am swimming through all the f’ing barracudas, I spot a big black cruising the ledge and stops. I swim upcurrent breathing up and drop, I swim slowly on the bottom to where I thought the fish was. I see him halfway tucked under the ledge facing the other way. At about 8 feet away he turns his head and looks at me ready to bolt I take the shot Right behind the gill plate, at this point I knew the flopper did not penetrate completely so I tackle him on the sand and grab his gills.

Muttons, hogs, cudas and triggers also were landed. Other blacks were also spotted throughout the day.

• That's a nice Black Alan. Congrats. :thumbsup2:

I went out today in Miami via Matheson Hammock and nailed a real nice one too along with some other nice fish. They are in the cooler right now in the truck and I'll weigh it tomorrow in the morning. Conditions were stellar.

• Nice black Alan! I was going to say you're forgetting your cuban heritage then I saw at least one cuda in the pic. What happened, it was too big to fit in the cooler? :) I hear you on the forecast, we had 3-5 to start with on Friday but it laid down a little later in the afternoon. Usually it goes the other way around. Vis was crappy though up here in Ft Lauderdale. Turbo Ron's boat however was sweeeet!

Hey Rolo, glad you had a good one too. I was so out shape after over a month of not diving I thought I needed to retire :0 I must've looked like my avatar.

We got stopped on the way in by FWC and guess what.. there is a lesser amberjack! :D