a small t.....

• Nice shot and fish, those are very hard to shoot. How do you like the red meat?

bonito makes excellent sashimi imo, the key is to bleed it as soon as you shoot it and serve it as soon as possible. the other way my mom use to prepare it is salt cured, fillet the fish and leave the skin on (never rinse the meat with fresh water), salt the non skin side with good course sea salt, and store in an air tight container (refrigerated of course) for a day. slice thinly and plate, olive oil and lemon to taste, pepper and/or capers also work well. serve with good, fresh bread and the beverage of your choice.

the salted version may last this way for a few days and the meat will get saltier as time passes.

steve veros

in loving memory of paolo

• They're different than a bonita (Sarda sarda). Over here, we call them bonita, but they're really a "little tunny" (Euthynnus alletteratus - a type of small tuna). True bonita look more like a skipjack tuna. In the Tampa area, we get them right up to the beaches.

If you have any recipes that make them taste good, please share. The best I can do is make them taste like fish-flavored liver (that's with bleeding, soaking in milk, etc.)

• Now be honest.....were you aiming at the fish in front of that one to make that shot? haha (just kidding)

Those things are fast. I see them here but smaller than that. I have only tried to shoot at two and hit one....in the tail after aiming a body length in front of it.

• They are good in sashimi. In Venezuela we call them bonito. In Puerto Rico, Bacorita.

Also good in carpaccio; tiny sliced and covered with some extra virgin, chopped onions and capers. A squirt of lime juice, fresh ground pepper and salt to taste.

I'M HUNGRY!!!

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.