Camera choice for underwater pics

• I don't know if I mentioned it before but I learned that the camera is just a rough canvass. No camera software is a substitute for a real image editing program. If your camera takes a so so shot the data is still in there to make a great image with an editor like PS.

• pargo and av001----which UW camera housing do you have for your Cannon please? Or which would you suggest for freediving?

You are correct. Tin Man makes only quality products. I thought I would have to put his shark spike to work Sunday to protect my cero from being eaten:)

SPEARFISHING and RECREATIONAL FISHING NEEDS THE NRA
    Spearfishing Store

Edited once, last by hau ().

• you are correct. I missed some great pictures Sunday with that Bull, moray eels, dead fish in the yak, on and on. For now I'll work on getting my iphone pictures posted here until I can get an UW camera.

• you are correct. I missed some great pictures Sunday with that Bull, moray eels, dead fish in the yak, on and on. For now I'll work on getting my iphone pictures posted here until I can get an UW camera.

See that tells the story right there. :wantpics: and you guys should think about the spearos on the forum wanting to see some blood:D that is selfish i guess:laughing3::muahaha:

• pargo--av001----I just went to the camera case site pargo inserted above. The UW case site shows weights that are an option to buy "to keep the camera and case from floating". Does your cameras in the UW case float please?
    I hope so, as I wanted to buy a UW camera set up that ADDED float to my gun. My goal is to have a camera/UW case/gun/reel and shaft that floats. My RA 130 sinks very, very slow now with shaft and reel.
    I was looking at a GoPro helmet cam and UW case for $100. until the seller said that it sinks in salt water.

• hau, it just barely floats. I don't think it will float your gun but it will definitely not sink it. On the other hand once you add the bracket to attach it to the gun that combination will definitely decrease buoyancy.

• spearos---I just found out about this new camera. Looks very good for freediving, though it is only rated for 10meters. Price is good [$329.] considering you do not need an underwater case for it. I'll be seriously looking at this camera when they become available in April.

• hau, i wouldn't rely on that camera being constantly used in the water.
    you can get the canon sd1100 with case for around that, or less. the canon case is not bulky if that is your concern.hope this helps.

• pargo, av001---thank you for the advise. I have never bought a newer UW camera and have no experence with UW digital cmaeras. The last UW camera I had was a Nikonos in 1980.
    I just saw the Canon D10 advertised and I looked good, [other than it probably is negative bouyant and would make my RA130 sink]:(
    I really like the idea of mounting a camera on the gun but do not want my gun to sink. I was forced to use my RA130 with no reel yesterday and was amased at how positive it was without the RA reel. The gun sinks slowley WITH a 7.5mm shaft and slip tube in the gun:D It floats WITH the reel on and shaft out:), which is best for me and the way I hunt.
    The Canon D10 is probably a sinker.

My other concern is: Is there a warranty with UW cases?

I cannot afford to loose a $100-300. camera because it got flooded.
    Thanks for the advise

• Hau i think that is a risk all of us got to take when it comes to UW electronic gear. Remember sometimes even a good diver watch that can cost more than the camera can get damage. Checking it everyday before getting in the water, and lubricating the o-rings will keep you safe of flooding. I dont know if buying the same brand of case as the camera will help with any warranties.But i guess w ecould ask and find out. I want a UW camera as well. I'm looking into this canons. I might send them a letter to find out. unless one of our own spearos know this answer