Hawaiian sling aiming, one eye closed or both open?

• Both eyes open. Take some time to practice whenever you get to the Bahamas. You will get so that your aiming comes naturally and you will just be focused on what the fish is doing. Like anything, the more you shoot the better you'll get. The stiffer the band, the harder it is to have a consistent shot. Also if you use the big fat round shooters you can butt the end against your palm. Doing that eliminates any strain/shaking on your wrist. Bring a polespear or at least a backup shaft for second shots on wounded fish... That being said, I live in NC and get to the Bahamas once a year so I am mediocre at best with a sling. I'm sure some guys on here can give more and much better advice. Have fun and keep your fish out of the water.

• Whether rifle, pistol, bow, speargun, hawaiian sling, etc. you should have both eyes open. You do not have depth perception with one eye closed. You do need to determine which is your dominate eye and shoot accordingly, i.e. right handed if right eye dominate and vice versa.

• im a pretty accomplished rifle and pistol competition shooter and it seems if your using a pole if you have your arm extended fully shooting the the spear should be just like pointing your finger but i may be wrong