12/29/08 beach dive

• First reef the viz was very bad 10’-15’ but cloudy. Then swam out to the drop off. seguyette find the honey hole of lobster, small group of ledges not more then a few feet apart loaded. He goes to work 10 lobsters in the bag. As he was on them I was scanning the area, got 2 yellow jacks, 2 mackerels, 1 black margate.
    At this time we decide to start heading back around 12am (meter time running low) seguyette pulls infront of me as I chase this very nice hog (he got away before I could get a shot). As I was chaseing this hog seguyette got one of his own.
    Now we are on the first reef almost going to hit the sand to the shore and I get to seguyette and theres cobia trashing around on the end of his spear. (he said it was just laying between two rocks then when he neared it started swimming and he shot. I pass him my gun to place another shot perfect on the head blood everywhere and it’s still alive. Next knife to the head and still alive.
    As he is stringing the cobia a mutton swims and lights off for him I stone the fish. (I had to say that cause I rarely if ever stone fish)

Bag:
    10 lobster
    1 cobia
    1 nice size hog
    1 black margate
    1 mutton
    2 yellow jacks
    2 mackerels

Seas 2’-0 very calm
    And a bit cold not that bad only felt it when not swimming for awhile.

dan time to beach dive again. . .

• Great report Larry. A cobia on the first reef wow! Jim and crew also went out yesterday but reported very little fish movement. There certainly are days that feel like that but I always question if it's just the area. Will you have pics of the catch?

• LOMartin,
    WOW, sounds like I go to the wrong places. Congratulations on the nice fish and bugs. Nice story:)
    How deep where you guys please?

The deepest couldn't have been more then 30' on the 3 reef.. .
    i'm waiting to see if i get the pics sent to me.

• Went out again 12/31/08
    With my friend Alex, water was much the same it did feel a little colder.
    Nothing crazy this time.
    5hogs 2 nice ones. And 1 mackerel.

Lots of close calls with d*mbass boaters. ..