Hello from the Southern Caribbean

• Hello all, been spearfishing since i could walk, found this site when i was looking up ways to modify my OLD AB Biller 55 to be more a blue water gun, this community is awesome! Old dog has learned a lot from just kicking around here for a day :thumbsup2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• At the moment in St Vincent for a month but I am from Grenada and live in Antigua Marco, in Grenada we hit some sea mounts off the north end of the island and usually end up with a boat full of the same species i see on your profile pic, where was that shot taken?

George Steele

• At the moment in St Vincent for a month but I am from Grenada and live in Antigua Marco, in Grenada we hit some sea mounts off the north end of the island and usually end up with a boat full of the same species i see on your profile pic, where was that shot taken?

South of Puerto Rico.

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• hows it going? I'm currently in Grenada for a few years. If you're ever back down this way, i'd love to get out with you. Been hitting a few reefs around Grand Anse and by the airport.

• Ben for sure, over fished by Grand Anse sadly but there are some good spots off Point Salines(airport) and great fishing at the Bianca C wreak but much better diving off the north end of the island. Message me your number and will give you a call when i get down there this month...What brings you to the Spice island?

George Steele

• Fellow spear diver members i have been trolling every post i can get my hands on, mind boggling the amount of info freely given and available here from insanely talented masters and ordinary spear folk alike, the friendships and support offered with humor and encouragement leaves me speechless.(yes he does go on!! :boring1:) :D but seriously :notworthy1::notworthy1:
    Short silence is all i can manage :crazy:... As a tropical island boy i started as a free diver very young with single band cavalero guns and as i discovered broads, cigs and booze decided that a tank was way less demanding on a corrupt mind and over taxed body :toast:, now at 43 (smoke free) i am back in the water free diving again and loving it, trying to eek together a bluewater gun to go dive the great blue as that is where i am most at home and most afraid to dive (Blue water sailor since i was a teenager)... So a challenge and a fear to overcome is my idea of a great time :blahblah2:
    Not worried by fish and mammals alike in the blue, got tons of time with them spearing in hundred plus water, even bullied and attacked a few times by the more toothy kind, no big ting man ... Its the no bottom thing and no perception of depth, once while delivering a boat across the pond my crew and I were becalmed for days, in a fit of boredom i took a disposable clicker and went down way past its crush depth with a crew member and looked up and took a picture, it was thrilling to be encapsulated in this blue clear water and at 50 or so feet see no bottom and up there was this 51 foot sailing boat looking like a tiny bath tub toy from the deep Atlantic bottom perspective, scared the crap out of me actually!! :wuss:
    As a settled man for the first time in 20 plus years, been to busy sailing around the blue marble ;) I am going to try out the blue from a new angle so if i bug you please be patient, I feel like a kid at Christmas :thumbsup1:

George Steele

• Welcome aboard George! I spent a week sailing around Antigua back in '08. Beautiful water!!

Scott

• Amazing intro

I hope you like it here. It is very much a family.

I too share your feeling about the big blue. The feeling of not knowing if you are seeing 500 feet or four hahahaha you mind plays games.

I once dove looking only at my watch. I was able to make it to about the same 50 you did when I accidentally looked away. Dive over. Hahaha I had to turn around immediately haha

Good to have you buddy

i like to spear fish

• Jose, I used to be the Caribbean dealer for Barracuda power boats built in Puerto La Cruz, that boat in your profile picture is it a old Intermarine? I have a Santos 28 (love love that hull!!)

George Steele