Dan. Do you have any pics or info about your marker bouy

• The bungee line stopper could be made to work better. Maybe I'd just avoid the pvc altogether and keep a couple of buoys with set line lengths 60ft and 90ft, since I don't dive deeper than that. Sometimes you may want to have two of each, to mark the beginning and end of a wreck if necessary.

• I like that set up. I have 4 markers on my boat set for the different depths we dive over here. 30 ft, 45 ft, 60 ft and 85 ft. I like having a marker like yours that deploys to the correct depth. I have tried the mechanical markers but have not had much luck with them. They always unwind too much in the seas and you end up anchoring the boat way off the spot. This system is spot on plus you can put a stringer on it to keep your fish if needed.:toast:

• Yep. You nailed it GR.

I am thinking I can make a nice flasher float along the same principles too.

Dan do you think two pounds is a good weight? It should drop real fast which is desired. I'll be pouring my own drop weights so I am trying to dial it in with out too much trial and error of my own
    "Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself"

i like to spear fish

• Is there a mechanism to hold the bouy on the PVC or does it shift back and forth? Actually it probably sits on the pvc pipe pretty snug doesn't it?

Shoot em when you see em.

• I was thinking of copying your rig for my flashers, really glad i ran into this Dan, cheers

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Is there a mechanism to hold the bouy on the PVC or does it shift back and forth? Actually it probably sits on the pvc pipe pretty snug doesn't it?

The PVC fits very snug in the bouy from my experience. Also, there are no shearing forces between the bouy and PVC so it requires next to no real strength

i like to spear fish

• I used 4lbs and sometimes that even moved in deeper water with current. I also used 1.75mm dyneema for line.

• Marco I am saying that you can get them in Venezuela, saw them in purto La Cruz and your fishing trawlers and long line boats in Venezuela use them by the thousands, not sure about around Caracas though

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele