Speardiver Aluminum Gun?

• Has anyone tried one of these yet? I'm in the market for a 120cm gun. Based on the photos it looks like the line release is plastic. I'd be worried about it snapping. Dan do you have more photos of this new line of guns?

• A stainless steel line release for the aluminum gun will be available shortly, and will be installed in all the guns. The guns I have available right now have a plastic line release. If you buy one of these guns and a plastic line release breaks I will replace it with a stainless steel line release free of charge. Once I have the SS line releases I will make an announcement, and you can request one free of charge even if the plastic line release didn't break.

http://freedivingspearfishingg…suit-carbon-speargun.html

• Wow! Great pricing as well! Gonna have to get one of these...a 120cm with a 6.5mm shaft would be an awesome Mangrove gun!

• Well for whatever is worth I bought one of these in the 120 length and I am very happy with it. My diving has been reduced to a couple of weekends out of the year so I can't say I've used it a whole lot though. Very smooth trigger, love the muzzle and the handle plus its lighter than my Rob Allen. Dan added some speardiver stickers he had in blue and it looks great. My 2c

• Well for whatever is worth I bought one of these in the 120 length and I am very happy with it. My diving has been reduced to a couple of weekends out of the year so I can't say I've used it a whole lot though. Very smooth trigger, love the muzzle and the handle plus its lighter than my Rob Allen. Dan added some speardiver stickers he had in blue and it looks great. My 2c

The other gun I'm seriously considering is a Rob Allen 120. I would be really interested to hear more about how they compare if you get the chance. Thanks.

• Comments on the RA vs the speardiver.
    The Rob Allen is a great all around gun. The speardiver is in essence the same gun but lighter and cheaper and has a better muzzle and handle. Ifirc, both have ss inner parts. The rob Allen line release is on the bottom, the speardiver on the side.

I know the RA will take up to a 7,5mm shaft w mono on the back loop, the speardiver is limited to 7 mm

i like to spear fish

• Comments on the RA vs the speardiver.
    The Rob Allen is a great all around gun. The speardiver is in essence the same gun but lighter and cheaper and has a better muzzle and handle. Ifirc, both have ss inner parts. The rob Allen line release is on the bottom, the speardiver on the side.

I know the RA will take up to a 7,5mm shaft w mono on the back loop, the speardiver is limited to 7 mm

I second LB's opinion. Plus the speardiver gun comes with a stainless shaft not a coated one like the Rob Allen. The speardiver handle comes with a loading pad, most people benefit from that.