Watch that gives depth, temp ect for less than $100

• I bought the Pyle watch via Amazon for $79.95 a couple months ago and I'm very pleased with it. I've put a couple hundred dives on it already. I find that I prefer it over my Oceanic Geo. (My Geo occasionally switches to scuba mode on its own.:confused1: Then I have to wait at the surface for 10 mins before I can set it back to freedive mode.:boring1: That problem cannot occur with the Pyle watch.:thumbsup2:)

My only criticisms about the Pyle watch are . . .

1. The battery is not user-replaceable. (Although, that's what I intend to do when needed.)

2. It does not automatically record surface interval. That doesn't matter very much to me, but it might to some of you.

3. The dive log stops recording new dives after dive number 100. However, it's very simple to delete all dives so you have a clean slate.

and lastly... 4. It looks a bit cheap. I mean what purpose is a rotating bezel on an analog display other than to "look" like a dive watch?:crazy:

From what I've read, the Pyle and the Omer MIK1 are the same watch on the inside. Their User's Manuals are identical except for the cover page. Granted, the Omer looks nicer on the outside. But, that's not worth spending $300 more in my opinion.

BTW, I think "jomer ts1" is probably a typo.

• Yep, specially for spearfishing when you're diving a bit deeper...

I'd prefer that it automatically display the surface interval too, but I really don't miss it that much (especially considering the price of the watch.) I just "listen to my body" to sense when I'm relaxed enough for my next dive. If I'm doing deep dives (for me that's ~70-100') then I give myself ~5 min. surface interval. The watch has a countdown timer, but I haven't messed with that.

• I'd prefer that it automatically display the surface interval too, but I really don't miss it that much (especially considering the price of the watch.) I just "listen to my body" to sense when I'm relaxed enough for my next dive. If I'm doing deep dives (for me that's ~70-100') then I give myself ~5 min. surface interval. The watch has a countdown timer, but I haven't messed with that.

Your body will lie if there's some fish action down there :)

• 70' havent seen that since I was in my 20's!! :( But working my way back down slowly(been awhile) happy at 40-50 at the moment

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele