A few more from Belize 2

• personal best black.. 32lbs. still having a bit of a sinus problem but tried a few dives anyway.... we hunted the shallows all morning and most of the afternoon because of the weather. it was little too rough to anchor outside the reef but we still got some nice little hogfish, jacks, and little snappers. after it calmed down we hit the outside and checked out one of our deep spots. i couldnt really dive but Dad was in the zone so i was just safety diving him as he was trying to find the fish.. usually a school of doggies and some grouper are there. as soon as he came up from a dive he signaled me that there were snappers.....i couldnt resist, i had to go down at least once.. i got pretty lucky and came down right on top of this guy.. kill shot, he didn't even twitch. brought him up from about 70 feet.

• nice one Jake!! :thumbsup2: your thread is starting to give your dads thread competition :D Ride Hank ride!! hahahaahahahahahahah

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• nice black grouper... new PB 35lbs... shot him at about 50ft in the middle of one of our favorite cuts. was swimming out right of the cut with Mo to meet Dad and tino.... half way out Mo starts pulling on my fin and points down to a few little grouper. i waited a little while to breath up and not spook them, then 3 more big blacks swim over from the south side of the cut... made a really easy slow dive down to the bottom and approached this guy... nice stone shot right on the head.. didnt move at all.

• thanks! i made a dive down to the bottom about 30ft away from him and approached him reeaally slowly.. it was in the middle of this cut so it was just sand bottom, nothing really to hide... but there were grouper everywhere that day. i must've seen at least 13 mostly over 15 to 20 pounds.. ive never seen that much grouper in a day....that time of the year? they where all pretty spooky and i only could get close to this one... we havent been diving in over a month so i felt i was kind of out of practice. it took me about a third of the day to get properly warmed up to do some nice dives..

• This was about an hour before the fish cashed it in. Check out those eyes.....the intensity.....the fish didn't have a chance. It wasn't pretty......haha.
    Nice one. Prick.......:D

• a few from yesterday... i drove the boat all morning and most afternoon because of the flu. Dad was killing it, he shot a big jack where the other one got off cause he hit 2, two nice big dogs and a little gouper. tino also shot a dog and a little jack.. i double dosed it on the sinus spray and the nasal decongestant capsules on our way out.. i got in the water at 3pm and tried some dives. i hit these two but little cubera was a good hunt... we were at one of our deep spots hangin on the wall and we could see fish on the bottom scatterd.. there was 2 huge schools of little jacks around us and some cubera and grouper on the bottom.. i made a dive down to the bottom about 84' and the jacks were all around.. it was hard to get a beed on a nice snapper... they kept getting spooked as i was trying to slowly creep through the jacks. this one came in close as i was running out of air. not bad for having the flu.. :crazy: :)
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

• Insane Jake but be careful with your sinuses at those depths as you are in scuba science now not free.... You can really F... yourself up and diving would be over forever, my advice is dont do depths with any kind of congestion problems... Wait it out and you will be diving for a long time :cool2:

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Insane Jake but be careful with your sinuses at those depths as you are in scuba science now not free.... You can really F... yourself up and diving would be over forever, my advice is dont do depths with any kind of congestion problems... Wait it out and you will be diving for a long time :cool2:

Good advice. The plan was he was going to just drive the boat and we could drift. But the last spot we checked.....whoooaaaaa.....was choke with fish. Maybe 1000 horse eye jacks. Two schools and two sizes. They would follow us to the surface. Also about 200 spadefish and a big school of dog snappers mixed with some cuberas....not to mention about 15 black grouper scattered on the bottom.
    "Jake....stay on the boat.....remember your sinuses.....".....:laughing3::laughing3: yeah riiiiiggghhhtt
    I should have just got back in the boat and said, "there's no fish here".....haha.

• yeah you're right, Dude George and thanks for your concern.... but you read it all in Dad's post.. haha.. unreal spot