Hardline's Dive Reports

• yup, wasn't sure if you used a program to make it even better. i know a little about it (i've done some reading in the last couple months about it) and know about how fps affect how well slow motion editing turns out.

there are programs that make things realllll smooth. check this vid out.

GOPRO HD and TWIXTOR 2000fps - YouTube

I've seen that program but havent had a chance to try it out. I used to shoot 60fps with my GoPro 1 because I didnt care much for the 1080 and now that my Black GoPro shoots 720/120fps...I am shooting with that because I really only upload my vids to the internet so I don't need the high 1080P+ resolution. I'd rather have the faster frame rate.

• Frank, one suggestion that I love in videos is the contrast of speeds. Play the vid at normal speed right up until the sand is about to move and then sllloooooww it down.

Really sharp and steady. You are good with that cam dude

i like to spear fish

• Got out with Xan today off hwd for some beach diving action and was greeted to milk in terms of water viz. As we got further out the bottom eventualy appeared but it was hazy and hard to see anything until you dropped right down on top of it.

Didnt get any fish but saw some nice size porgys, one nice hog that bolted, Margate the size of tunas (lol seriously they were big) and Xan said he saw some nice Groupers.

Check out the viz!! (and the Speardiver Phantom 120)

• Milky blue water... thats gotta be a heartbreak. we got canned in key west yesterday too, viz went to crap. drive back today the ocean and gulf were crystal clear and flat... :crazy:

• Went out today off Hwd for an afternoon solo dive to a ledge I found last time that was holding some fish..as soon as I arrived I saw a nice gag chilling on the bottom so I dropped down and as soon as I came up on him an even bigger black swam out from the reef. I followed him, got within range and....missed :(

Swam up and down the ledge for awhile and got some a snapper, triggerfish and Yellow Jack. I shot a gag right behind the head and he wiggled his way off my shaft and darted. I'm thinking maybe the flopper came back in or something.

Also about half way through my dive, one of the dyneema bands on my bands broke so I was down to just one bands. I started shooting with just one 16mm band and to my surprise, it worked awesome with my new Speardiver Carbon 6.5mm shaft. I liked the one band setup so much, I'm gonna switch it up to one 19mm band instead of having 2 16mm bands

On the way in a school of spanish macks swam in and around me with my unloaded gun and I had time to load up and get one before they all disappeared. I also got buzzed by a school of about 30 or 40 of some of the biggest Tarpon I've ever seen.

School of BIG Tarpon - YouTube

• Got out off hwd today for some late afternoon beach divin.

Almost got skunked with nothing but a decent YJ till I was on my way back in. Some big Tarpon snuck up on me and there was a lone single mack following behind them that got a shaft through the head. No matter how many times Ive seen Tarpon in this area and expect them to be here...my heart always skips a beat when they swim right up on you out of nowhere.

• Got out off hwd today for some late afternoon beach divin.

Almost got skunked with nothing but a decent YJ till I was on my way back in. Some big Tarpon snuck up on me and there was a lone single mack following behind them that got a shaft through the head. No matter how many times Ive seen Tarpon in this area and expect them to be here...my heart always skips a beat when they swim right up on you out of nowhere.

Yep.....cause they're BIG !! My heart always jumps too. :D

• Out again off HWD for some late afternoon divin since the ocean looked pretty flat. Found 10-15 foot viz which sucked but I got to play with my new toy and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome despite the terrible viz.

The following were all shot in natural light (no strobes) and with no filter of any kind.