Speardiver spearfishing vest

• If any of you are using the spearfishing vests this weekend, I need feedback on whether they tend to ride up. If they do I'll consider adding a beaver tail with snaps or velcro closure. Let me know what you think about this guys.

• Jake and BelizeSpearo Jon tried theirs. Both said they worked real well. I haven't tried mine yet.
    Jake fit the medium, I fit a large and Jon a small. Nice fit. Comfortable.
    Very nice. Got the other stuff too Dan. Thanks.

• I tried it on and it fits well. Jake said it didn't ride up but under his other wetsuit it chafed a bit on his arm pit. If I use it, I'm wearing it outside my other suit. I like the camo job.
    Jon wore his outside his lycra suit so he had no chafing problem. He loves his.

• I have a hammerhead lycra long sleeve shirt with neoprene chest and back and I love it! Is my go to warm water outfit. Great idea, if you merchandise it it will be a great success.

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver

• I also have the short sleeve hammerhead shirt and it works extremely well. I wear a long sleeve rash guard under it once it starts getting cooler until I have to wear my wetsuit. The red shark on the loading pad is the only thing I don't like about it.

• The Hammerhead rashguard uses weak material and barely lasts one season. The construction doesn't make sense, Lycra separating the front and back neoprene panels. There's nothing stopping water circulation, so the neoprene serves no purpose.

The next batch of spearfishing vests will be reversible (different camo on each side) and incorporate anti-ride-up technology :)

• That's a good idea.
    And the edge of the neoprene could use some kind of seam to make it softer. As it ages it will get harder and more like sandpaper.
    I really like the fit though.

• The Hammerhead rashguard uses weak material and barely lasts one season. The construction doesn't make sense, Lycra separating the front and back neoprene panels. There's nothing stopping water circulation, so the neoprene serves no purpose. The next batch of spearfishing vests will be reversible (different camo on each side) and incorporate anti-ride-up technology

I read that the neoprene panel prevents evaporative heat loss since your back is exposed to the wind. I find the HH more comfortable when wearing a weight belt or a BC than a plain Lycra rash guard. The extra padding is in the most critical areas where weights and straps rub.

The Lycra strip down the side eliminates cling and constriction, which is a problem for me with a full neoprene top. My Beuchat shorts also have neoprene front & rear with a Lycra strip running down the side of the legs, fit great, don't restrict movement, or chafe. For warm weather use, I think the vest would be completely non-constrictive with a Lycra wedge shaped strip under the arm and it might eliminate potential under arm abrasion issues as well.

• Ive used this thing 3 times now and couldn't be more pleased. Its the magic missing piece in my dive gear for so many days when a full open cell cooks you and a rashguard leaves you freezing. It keeps my core warm and comfortable in the water, and doesn't let a bit of water in while diving despite being closed cell, its basically like the chest portion of my open cell suit. And when it gets a bit colder but still not cold I can add my open cell pants into the mix.

Saturday there was a thermocline that I could feel with my arms and legs but it didn't effect me at all because my core stayed the same. Usually in those situations my breathold and comfort is severely effected.

Fit and comfort wise it doesn't ride up or chafe at all for me. Fits and feels like a glove.

I cant see something with lycra sides doing the same thing for me. To me the vital essence of this vest is that it encapsulates and warms my core, and insulates me from the shock of temperature changes.

• Is a good idea that of the spearfishing vest. Hammerhead is the only thing we have available locally tho. Looks nice even for kayaking or other sports in which a fullsized wetsuit would be cumbersome and the weather is too cold to use a lycra. Teh camo pattern is cool .Nice piece of gear

I'm a Speardiver, not a freediver