Speardiver spearfishing vest

• This is a 3mm double lined vest, with a stitched on Supertex loading pad. Outer lining is the Speardiver Reef pattern, interior lining is black. It's made with the same neoprene as the Speardiver open cell wetsuits, but being double lined it's not quite as stretchy. My main idea with this vest is to allow comfortable chest loading in the summer, when it's too hot for a 3mm suit. And provide an alternative to the full 1.5 mm suit and rashguards, for those who like to feel unrestricted when warm water allows it. Basically you can dive with the vest and board shorts.

I like to wear the vest with nothing else, except the speedos I mean. I already dove with it this summer and it works for me. For those who are more sensitive to the sun, you can throw any rashguard over it, and load through it. It does provide thermal protection where I need it most. I don't get cold in the arms and shoulders, I'm more sensitive to cold in the torso. So when I hit those thermoclines it helps.

With this first batch of spearfishing vests a mistake was made. I wanted Lycra edging to give it a more refined look, but it was made without. It's just an aesthetic point and doesn't affect the durability of the vest. For this reasons and the fact that I'm trying to introduce something completely new and need your feedback, I'm practically giving these vests away at $20 https://spearfishing.store/wet…00-spearfishing-vest.html

• Dan, I've loved the vest idea for a long time. It adds a little more warmth when you need it. It doesn't take up much space in the dive bag and you can wear with with your wetsuit if you're just a little bit too cold. You could even mount a knife in the chest area if you want it off your belt.

Maybe a small streamlined pouch wouldn't be bad, keep a flashlight or flashers or loose change.

• This is exactly what Ive been looking for! A little something extra for those colder summer days where as suit will boil you but just a rashguard gives you a chill.

• I am literally playing air guitar here. I love my ulusub guard but I hate the hood and don't always want to wear it all day. This is the ultimate in freedom.

Stoked!!!

i like to spear fish

• I assume they are all in the camo pattern you posted? I'll take one regardless of pattern available...

• Been looking for something like this. I like the freedom (although I too wear bottoms). ;)
    PM sent. :thumbsup2:

Edited once, last by Sith: Added why I like the idea of this vest. ().

• Thanks for the input. All spearfishing vests (with loading pad) have the Reef pattern. A full range of sizes is available: small, medium, large, extra large, and double extra large. The vests have the same cut and material as the wetsuits, but as I said being double lined the vests are not as stretchy as the open cell so they fit tighter. I'm hesitant to send out vests until I've fitted a few guys. I will probably see Reefchief today and then have a reference point. In the meanwhile please resend your requests, this time including the height and weight for each person.

Jim, I'm interested in the pouch idea. It would go in the small of the back I assume? What size should it be? For a secure closure it will require a zipper, which would increase the cost of the vest. Do you guys think it's worth it?

EDIT - Disregard the fit given by the guys in the following posts and go by this size chart, you'll receive the right size. I don't have any more XL and 2XL. I do have XS (extra small) which fits smaller than the S, I'd say it's a kids size.

You can order here FreediveStore.com - Spearfishing Vest. Use the following voucher code at checkout to get the $20 price.

Code
    speardiver
  • Dan I will take one, XL I think as I am 6ft 215lb... My Spetton Lycra has the pouch with a zipper which works awesome.

Had a vest like yours back in the eighties when I first started diving for a local dive shop, we bubble blowing Dive Masters loved them but by the 90's we could no longer get them so you may have a entire other market 2 market them 2. Thinking about it my buddy is a large I think 6ft 180lb and I will take one for him as well.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• I was thinking of an overlapping neoprene pouch or zipper. On the side or at the stomach area would probably work. I hadn't really spent too much time thinking about it. A small knife pouch might be good for a secondary knife on the left breast. Pouches on the back could act as a weight vest. I'm getting ahead of myself, this thing would look like a fishing vest by the time you put all the ideas in.

• L I would think. Get L, M and S. Two of the three will fit you and your son for sure.

OK. Jake's a pussy :laughing:...and gets cold easier than me even. He'll use that vest under a 1.5 mm in the summertime here. And Tino, my next up and coming killer, could fit a small soon I'm sure.

PS, Dan, can you post a pic of you in the vest with the speedo? You know, so we can see how they fit? :D

• OK. Jake's a pussy :laughing:...and gets cold easier than me even. He'll use that vest under a 1.5 mm in the summertime here. And Tino, my next up and coming killer, could fit a small soon I'm sure.

PS, Dan, can you post a pic of you in the vest with the speedo? You know, so we can see how they fit? :D

I have just such a picture, saving it for blackmail though.

Scupper Pro Gives You Wings!

• I'll give one to BelizeSpearo, (Jonathan) here. He's using a lycra suit with no chest pad....unless he sticks a sponge under it. And he also thinks he won't get cold here come December....kids. ....haha.

• Just picked mine up today.

5'8" 165#

Tried the L and felt good.
    Tried the XL and felt even better. The XL still fit snug and next to no restriction when taking a deep breath.

Thanks again Dan:thumbsup2: