Reel line spool quantity?

• From a demand standpoint, the RA(50m) and mako/wong(70m) reels seem to be the most commonly used. Is it possible to supply 2 different size spools at 50m and 70m? Personally, I think 50m is a bit short sometimes, so most of my guns have larger reels. There aren't many manufacturers that supply spools over 50m, which kind of sucks because I'd prefer it to be continuous.

• Many reels have line guides wide enough for a knot, ie. Merou, Salvimar, Ulusub, Hammerhead (if you remove the black plastic thing), aussie made barracuda, the older Omer reels, and virtually all of the vertical style reels as well, such as the ONE reel and Omer pelagic. However, like I said, it should definitely be continuous. I recently got a 90m vertical reel from Greece for my latest build, I had to buy the line by the foot instead of a premeasured spool. Anyway, my point is, it would be really cool to have an option larger than 50m.

• Thanks Steven.

Come on guys I really need your input on this.

I've never had a fish run out my whole line using a Wong and a Rob Allen. I think one had 60 meters and the Wong maybe 70? I would guess the most a fish ever took was a little more than half.
    But if you use it for wahoo or other blue water, maybe you would want more?

• New to the board, just posted in the members section. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

I use 200 feet of 1.75mm line on my RA Composite Reel. I'm looking at buying 2 more RA reels in the next month or so and can't find anywhere that sells a 200 foot spool of 1.75mm line. The Mako/ Spearmaster/ Wong reel is another popular one that uses about 213 feet of line (or a little more). I vote for a 200 foot spool. This sounds like a great idea. Are you thinking of offering different colors too?

• I've never had a fish run out my whole line using a Wong and a Rob Allen. I think one had 60 meters and the Wong maybe 70? I would guess the most a fish ever took was a little more than half.
    But if you use it for wahoo or other blue water, maybe you would want more?

When you dive deep, the fish takes a lot of line before you even reach the surface. 30 seconds to get back up...

My reel holds 275 and it hasnt spooled me yet. But at least 240-250ft came out.

• When you dive deep, the fish takes a lot of line before you even reach the surface. 30 seconds to get back up...

My reel holds 275 and it hasnt spooled me yet. But at least 240-250ft came out.

Yeah, yeah....kick an old man when he's down....:laughing:

• Dan Yo siempre he usado entre 50 y 70 mtrs de linea dinema, es mas que suficiente 1' 50 mm o 1' 60 mm
    bueno dependiendo el mar donde pesquemos o la zona marítima de cada país claro.
    <º))))))><
    I've always used 50 to 70 mtrs Dinema line, is more than enough 1 '50 mm or 1' 60 mm
    good depending where pesquemos sea or sea area of each country course.
    Ah .. also depends on the ability of the reel, there are up to up to 100 mtrs, but are too big.

• Personally, I prefer buying in bulk. I like 500' spools. But I use my 1.8mm Dyneema line for everything. Shooting line, wishbones, reel line and floatline cores.

70m seems like a good option for those that want it solely to fill a reel. Perhaps you could do that and a bulk spool?