Frickin' Jake.. spearfishing Belize

• Swimguy, I don't like to sound like an ass here, but you're risking your life badly shooting fish at 80' and pulling them up on the same dive!:nono:

I saved a friend from death while he was doing the same shit. And casually, was a dog snapper. ... He surfaced and started to sink again. Fortunately water was very clear, I was watching the whole thing and swam towards him while he was ascending. All I had to do was bringing him up and slapping his face. He didn't remember anything.

At least tie a piece of poly rope to the butt of your gun with a gallon jug on the other side. PLEASE.

With that setup you can get any reef fish until you have either your reel or floatline ready. ;)

Marco Melis

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work.

• Marco, no worries. It's through experience that we learn I suppose, and thanks for the advice. I would ditch my gun before that time came, but I'm sure others have been less fortunate while thinking the same.

No worries on "sounding like an ass" (you don't), I know your comments are only helpful.

• Marco, no worries. It's through experience that we learn I suppose, and thanks for the advice. I would ditch my gun before that time came, but I'm sure others have been less fortunate while thinking the same.

No worries on "sounding like an ass" (you don't), I know your comments are only helpful.

Swim guy - not sure if you can find one in Belize but a simpe nylon ski rope worked great for me before reels or float lines existed. In the old days we used Clorox bottles but any empty gallon size plastic bottle will work.

You are fortunate to get to dive with Hank and Jake in their paradise and probably get a few big tiger shrimp to throw on the barby as a side Benny.

Do you live and work in Belize now? Where were you previously? Just curious and envious . :D

• Oscar,
    Thanks for the tips. I have my reel set up now on a RA 140 carbon. It fits my needs a little bit better and provides me a little more versatility than a float line for my style, I believe. I may end up going the float line route later down the road.

I am just in Belize for another few weeks, unfortunately.

Edited once, last by swimguy ().

• Swimguy, when I click on the video it says, "this video is private". I don't know how to fix that though.

when he uploaded it he set the permissions to private, reset and all good for the rest of us

A bad day at sea is better than a good day in the boatyard
    George Steele

• Worked this time.

Nice boat - is that Hanks?

Nice clear waters with lts of good structure to hold fish.

Nice!!!

• Yes - sorry

The very beginning.

Hank dreams of that boat in the beginning as would I! Hahahhaha we are penero boys Oscar, by pocket not choice...look at the boat at the end, now that's my speed [emoji1]

George Steele

• Hank dreams of that boat in the beginning as would I! Hahahhaha we are penero boys Oscar, by pocket not choice...look at the boat at the end, now that's my speed [emoji1]

The one at the end is Hank's. It's more my speed as well, because if I'm on it I know I'm spearing with Hank/Jake :)

• Nice From 6:20 on….haha.

The "rock". 80 feet. Just outside of there is usually a big school of dog snapper and a few Cubera. That was the first time in five years I never saw the dog snappers there. Weird.

• You fellows are animals! Those were some frigging serious drops! Out of my league.

George Steele

• You fellows are animals! Those were some frigging serious drops! Out of my league.

riiiiiiight....Mr. 40 foot container full of wahoo.....:laughing: That dive of Jake going down looks cool. Both Jake and James have really good technique from hours of training in a pool on swim teams.